Sublime Forum

Sublime Text Discord Server

In addition to IRC (and slack, via IRC), I’ve been using Discord for communication for a while now and besides some general oddities in UX, especially in the Android app, it works quite well. Thus, I thought we all might as well gather in a server about Sublime Text for all kinds of discussion or support queries. I know there are a lot of places already (this forum, IRC, reddit, SO), but they are all kind of different in the end.

Follow this link: https://discord.gg/D43Pecu

If you don’t know what Discord is, well, try a search engine.

6 Likes

Sublime Text 3 vs the Others
:tada: Announcing the Sublime Text Community Documentation
Looking for PackageDev alpha testers (.sublime-syntax highlighting and a lot more)
Plugin Development Chat Group?
Hello, here I am
Sublime Text 4 - Coming Soon
[Solved] Need help to add my new package to PackageControl
Ignore_changed not respected
[ST3] - Do not operate the default combination of keys in the Russian layout

*bump*

@kingkeith, @OdatNurd and myself have had some nice chats on it already. I imagine it might be interesting for both package developers and users looking for help.

If you seek help, please use the #support channel.

(There is also still IRC, of course.)

0 Likes

Just a quick note that I will occasionally remove people from the server who have not been online for 30 days. You are always free to rejoin the server with the above link. This is just to keep the user list clean.

2 Likes

Maybe better use HipChat or Gitter, because rooms in this services сonvenient for programmers?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions. We debated on the alternatives a little.

• HipChat doesn’t appear to be something that we can profit from compared to Discord.
  • Gitter has good integrations with Github. We also have integrations in our Discord server, but they aren’t neatly arranged in a sidebar. Unread message management is better on Gitter, however we don’t currently have activity that would make this a requirement. It does not have a dark mode though, which is sad and I personally like the compact IRC-esque layout. A plus for Gitter is that it does provide an IRC tunnel, but I don’t see many people besides me using it because you do lose out on some comfort.

Thus, we do not see a reason (or need) to change our communication platform.

0 Likes

1 Like

Is the Discord Channel still operating? Is there an active invite link to it?

0 Likes

You mean besides the one labeled “Follow this link” in the first post?

0 Likes

Essentially yes. But if there is another server, then I’m curious if there’s a link to it.

0 Likes

The server (with its multiple channels) is still actively used for support, development discussion and some community projects, such as the LSP package. The invite link in the first post is still valid and I do not intend to invalidate it.

1 Like

Thanks, it didn’t work for me for some reason before, but now I’ve been able to join.

0 Likes

Is this link dead? Discord tells me the invitation is no longer valid. I have a paid license–do I need to verify this somewhere?

0 Likes

the invite is still active and valid in Discord, I just checked the server’s list of invitation links.

an ST license is not required or verified to be able to join the ST Discord server

0 Likes

You’re right. I just tried in a private browser tab and it works fine, but in a regular browser window I still get the invalid invitation message.

Seems to be a problem with my discord account or with the discord app itself, not the invite link. Thanks.

0 Likes