Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3127

When I try to scroll sidebar up with touchpad it doesn’t move up, it only bounces up and down. It will go up if I scroll faster. Horizontal scrolling has the same behavior too. Other controls work fine, it’s only the sidebar. With mouse wheel it forks fine as well.

I’m on Windows 10 and I have a precision touchpad.

2 Likes

Dev Build 3132
Dev Build 3135

Minor visual glitch: On macOS, changing the color scheme makes the Adaptive theme lose its rounded corners (all four). The corners stay angular even when changing to the Default theme.

(I know I shouldn’t switch color schemes all the time but it’s an affliction… :wink: )

0 Likes

Yes, that has been identified and I will be working on a fix for one of the next several builds.

3 Likes

Using the latest builds (3127, 3128, 3129) on Mac, the yellow circle icons in the side bar denoting unsaved open tabs/files are cut off by half, showing just the right halves (see image).

A minor glitch, hope it can be fixed in the next build. Thanks!

0 Likes

Some more sidebar behaviours observed in 3129:

• if I collapse a folder, sometimes a different folder is collapsed in the sidebar instead
  • if I collapse a folder, sometimes the correct folder is collapsed, but one or more child files are still shown
  • if I delete a folder via the sidebar’s right-click menu, sometimes a different folder is removed from the sidebar instead (this may be a different folder under the same parent, but sometimes it’s a top-level folder that’s removed)
  • when I expand a folder, sometimes the same file is shown twice in the folder

When these glitches occur, some of the sidebar icons disappear.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes

I really like it when people are trying to help to make Sublime Text better. Speed and stability are the 2 main feature points, so I hope that stability gets better or back to “normal” :slightly_smiling:

0 Likes

Thanks the hard work for upgrading sublime text 3.
All the things work fine for me.
But is there anyway I can open project as a new tab instead of a new window in the newest version at the fullscreen mode because I can do that in the older version?

0 Likes

If stability is of higher priority to you than new features, you should try running the beta channel instead of the dev channel.

Dev is where we are going to be doing (sometimes significant) work, and there will certainly be some rough edges. This last cycle was six months of work, so there were a number of things changed and improved, each with some edge cases to be found.

9 Likes

pinned globally #174
0 Likes

Yes - a good reminder.

And when you consider you guys are a (now) two-man crew, supporting all three major operating systems and almost 12 M users, is nothing short of amazing. Thanks again!

2 Likes

I can reproduce this issue.

0 Likes

@wbond Is there documentation for customising the phantomCSS in a color scheme? I’m specifically looking for a way to tweak the color of the new pointer nubbin on the inline build errors.

0 Likes

0 Likes

There is not an enumeration of the different CSS classes that the Default package uses, no. You could use the PackageResourceViewer to check out exec.py to see the default HTML and CSS.

2 Likes

Thanks, that helps. I can’t for the life of me get the nubbin to change color though. It seems like div.error-arrow should be the correct selector, and changing border-left: 0.5rem solid color(var(--redish) blend(var(--background) 30%)); should result to something.

That said, I kinda get the feeling that setting popupCss and phantomCss in a color scheme is an uphill battle since you don’t have any idea what the actual html will be like. It’s kinda like theming for Atom, you just set the defaults and hope package devs don’t make a mess of it. In this case I think I’ll just let the default generated styles take care of themselves rather than waste time trying to tweak it to taste. It’s not like it’s ugly or anything, it’s simple and neat as it is.

0 Likes

Because of CSS specificity, you’ll need your phantomCss to utilize the selector body#inline-error div.error-arrow. Otherwise the <style> tag in the phantom’s HTML will override any definition for div.error-arrow you provide.

0 Likes

How to achieve default style for phantom_css if popup_css is defined in color scheme?

Alright, thanks!

Edit: doesn’t work either, or doesn’t update live, or something. But I’m going to let it rest, the defaults do a good enough job now that I’d rather not try to maintain the customisation anyway.

0 Likes

The sidebar still seems unable to remove the correct folder. See the gif below, if I right-click delete a folder, the correct folder is removed from the file system, but the sidebar updates incorrectly. Folding and unfolding restores it.

It almost seems like if I delete the third child folder, it starts counting from the project root and removes the third folder.

edit… the gif not animating for other people either?

0 Likes

This is being tracked at https://github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues/1657

0 Likes

Another sidebar issue in 3129: Sometimes if I want to open a file from the sidebar, the wrong file is opened (the file above or below the selected item).

(Windows 7 64bit)

0 Likes