Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3127

Right. Btw, I forgot to mention that I’m using 32-bit ST3 on 64-bit Windows 7. I did not try 64-bit build yet.

0 Likes

That will likely be helpful, thanks!

0 Likes

Well, it looks like changelog works with 64-bit build. Thank you.

0 Likes

We fork your shell (in C) passing the -l parameter to make it a login shell (and get a clean environment). We then send the input:

/usr/bin/env
exit
and read the output.

Hm… I can get bash to work without issues. Not sure why Fish doesn’t.

I got Fish to print some debug output when loading and it shows that it’s loading but never executing anything.

Also, the shell loads twice for each Sublime Text launch, does Sublime retry or something?

Edits for clarity.

0 Likes

Hopefully a some point soon I can get fish installed and see if I can figure out what is going on.

It shouldn’t be – that sound odd.

0 Likes

Unable to load environment with Fish shell in build 3128

That would be great! If there’s any way I can help let me know.

0 Likes

Appreciate the work being done on ST, but I actually prefer the old icon. I’ve been recognizing that icon for a lot of years and I don’t think ST needed rebranding.

1 Like

I get this exact message in the console at start up. Not sure what’s wrong because everything seems to work fine. Dev Build 3129.

0 Likes

@jps, @wbond Please take a look into some third party packages are crashing Dev Build 3129

0 Likes

Yesterday I installed build 3129 here in Ubuntu 16.04, 64bit. Love the new themes and new logo and I’m also enjoying the other subtle improvements!

Today I noticed an odd auto-indentation issue. Perhaps specific to PHP syntax (didn’t check others) – when typing else on its own line it unindents the line as you finish typing the word. I’ve attached a gif using a clean install to give an example.

Toggling the various syntax specific indentation options didn’t seem to change this behavior: smart_indent, indent_to_bracket, trim_automatic_white_space, and indent_subsequent_lines.

1 Like

Sidebar bug in ST 3129

I’m trying to customize the new awesome adaptive theme and reducing the font size of sidebar heading from the default 13 and bold to something smaller.

I created a file called Adaptive.sublime-theme is my User directory and added this new rule

[
  {
      "class": "sidebar_heading",
      "fg": ["background", 255, 255, 255, 0.55],
      "font.size": 1,
      "font.bold": true
  },
]

Unfortunately this change also affects the line height of all sidebar items as well. see the screenshot

It’s more obvious when I dramatically increase the font size to something like 44

0 Likes

What Allen (@aziz) describes in the previous comment also happens with the gruvbox theme by Brian (@Briles) as well as tabs seem to autohide unless I hover on them with custom themes.

Compare this screencast:

with ST3129 portable x64 on Win 10 x64 Pro on Surface Pro 4 using the gruvbox theme with the following settings:

"gruvbox_accent_red": true,
	"gruvbox_animate_icons": true,
	"gruvbox_autocomplete_border_thick": true,
	"gruvbox_autocomplete_cramped": true,
	"gruvbox_buttons_bold": true,
	"gruvbox_buttons_font_size_10": true,
	"gruvbox_colored_tooltips": true,
	"gruvbox_enable_pane_borders": true,
	"gruvbox_iconset_midstroke": true,
	"gruvbox_panel_xxs": true,
	"gruvbox_scrollbar_width_xs": true,
	"gruvbox_sidebar_cramped": true,
	"gruvbox_sidebar_font_size_10": true,
	"gruvbox_sideline_autocomplete_row": true,
	"gruvbox_sideline_autocomplete_row_thickest": true,
	"gruvbox_sideline_command_palette_row": true,
	"gruvbox_sideline_command_palette_row_thickest": true,
	"gruvbox_statusbar_bold": true,
	"gruvbox_statusbar_button_xxs": true,
	"gruvbox_statusbar_font_size_10": true,
	"gruvbox_statusbar_xxs": true,
	"gruvbox_tabs_autowidth": true,
	"gruvbox_tabs_bold": true,
	"gruvbox_tabs_font_size_10": true,
	"gruvbox_tabs_xxs": true,
	"gruvbox_underline_active_tabs": true,
	"gruvbox_underline_active_tabs_thick": true,
0 Likes

Opening the console with the Adaptive theme keeps printing the following two lines repeatedly while the console is open:

no such prop layer0.opacity
no such prop layer0.tint
0 Likes

@jps Please separate icons from themes in the UI, compare the comments on sublimehq/Packages#828 about half-way down.

0 Likes

All rows in the tree control must have the same height to allow for efficient calculation of height, visible rows, etc.

This isn’t a bug, and is unlikely to change.

0 Likes

There was some work on the PHP and HTML indentation rules that went into 3127. This is likely an edge case.

Please report it at https://github.com/sublimehq/Packages.

2 Likes

Just so you know, you don’t need to post a separate topic and post as a reply to the build topic, I regularly check the forum, especially after new builds.

We can continue the conversation on the other topic, however you’ll need to pin down the problem enough that you can find a series of steps that reproduce it, especially since you have 20 packages that could be causing issues.

1 Like

We’ve discussed the topic of file icons some internally, but don’t have anything to show yet in terms of how we think we are going to improve that area.

0 Likes

@wbond fair enough, we can continue here, you can remove 2nd topic. I can provide two crash dumps since right now I cannot reproduce this anymore.

0 Likes

Gotcha, thanks for the direction, just posted an issue there!

0 Likes