Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3127

Dev Build 3127 is out now at https://www.sublimetext.com/3dev

There are a bunch of changes in this version, but most notably a refreshed UI theme and a new icon. Will and I are keen to hear your feedback!

24 Likes

Huge fan of the new logo. Happy you’re embracing a flatter style. The vanilla theme, particularly in terms of colour, still isn’t my thing, but I like it much better than the old one.

Awesome update :).

2 Likes

Thanks for the update! Any word on when ST3 will move to GTK3? With more distros moving to Wayland over X11, ST3 seem to be becoming more buggy. Specifically with copy/paste, text highlighting and odd errors like this in the logs:

Source ID 95711 was not found when attempting to remove it

1 Like

I’m actually having the same issue on macOS 10.12.4, when opening folders.

0 Likes

Having a lot of trouble with this build. On my Windows work laptop, scrolling stops working (can’t even use page up and page down). Plugins seem to stop working not long after opening the editor. I don’t seem to have these issues on OSX though :confused:.

1 Like

Well. Having a lot of issues in the first run:

Has there something else changed to watch out for? I want to avoid that a bug in, e.g., search and replace messes up all my stuff. Would be great to know if there are important areas of the code that changed a lot…

EDIT:
On a positive note: I like the new logo, but somehow reminds me of the new Netflix. Also I really like the trend to make Sublime better for the eyes and looking more modern!

1 Like

1. Thanks for the new build! Lot’s of nice updates (especially new logo, looks very slick :wink: ) Really glad that there is action behind the scenes in ST3 development.

2. Looks like we have new bugs, the one that I’ve encountered immediately: when opening folders, tree-view pain is empty, though I see that ST3 is indexing files.

P.S. If ST3 hits a release version would buy another license :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

Paper-folding alike letter? :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

For users with an empty tree view. Do you have View > Side Bar > Show Open Files enabled, or not?

1 Like

@facelessuser I got those too. Also phantoms seem to linger, and the windows stops following the caret.
These problems seem very random and intermediate though.
I tried restarting ST a few times, opening, previewing & closing a bunch of files. All those problems either occur at the same time, or none of them do.

0 Likes

The sidebar implementation got an overhaul, and lots of parts of the theme engine were touched. The issue where some users aren’t seeing the sidebar tree is likely related to one of those.

0 Likes

Love this! It solves the issue. But wonder why this happens at the first place

0 Likes

So far I have to say I’m enjoying the new build. I haven’t come across any new issues thus far (testing mostly under Linux, however) but in using the new adaptive theme I can see lots of little visual tweaks and improvements that are quite nice. :+1:

I’ve always been a Default theme kind of guy and just the change of the background color of the sidebar and the console alone are awesome, let alone the new font action that looks much better (under Linux my font of choice never got any italic love).

Also kudos to everyone involved in the enhancement of the default syntaxes.

0 Likes

Wow, the new theme looks pretty damn nice!

I’ve noticed a bug that prevent scrolling, but it’s very likely to be a plugin’s fault, because at startup it working, after couple of seconds, it doesn’t. The scroll doesn’t work on either the editor, console or sidebar (did i mention that the sidebar looks awesome?).

Also, after all plugins loads, I cannot open settings, I cannot disable packages, I can’t do anything…

The portable version works just fine, so i’m starting to disable plugins and see results.

0 Likes

Nope, not a plugin fault. It’s just buggy on Windows.

0 Likes

Oh… But the portable version (which is clean, no plugin, no customisations) just works!

0 Likes

Hmm. Maybe something with plugin engine? As @prmaple mentioned earlier, plugins for me sometimes all die at once, usually scrolling dies when that occurs too.

0 Likes

OK Check plugin issues precisely with new OverrideAudit.

You may want to remove or disable a plugin while it is updated for 3127.

0 Likes

Times like this, makes me wish there was a Sublime safe mode :frowning:.

2 Likes

Definitely on the list of things I want to explore. No promises though!

3 Likes