Sublime Forum

Sublime Text wins the Net Awards 2014 — App of the year

Wow! What a day!

For those who don’t know, Sublime Text was shortlisted for App of the Year net awards, 2014. And it won!

I’m so proud to have been able to represent Sublime and receive the award for Jon and team.

More info to come :smile:

0 Likes

Awesome.
Kudos to Jon and all the team whoever they are :smile:

0 Likes

I had no doubt… regardless all the whining about lack of support and dev it remains an excellent piece of software and a truly time-saving app :smile:

0 Likes

Some pictures!

0 Likes

That’s an inappropriate comment.

0 Likes

Congrats Jon!

0 Likes

Congrats Jon! This is an amazing product!

0 Likes

Ok… Here goes the equality talk.

Firstly, Alun (the presenter) has a wife. Secondly, me, I’ve been with a girl for 5 years. And thirdly, although nowhere near less important, is that even if either of us were gay, it changes nothing. It means nothing.

If the first thing that goes through your mind is “LOL gay.” then you need to re-evaluate your life. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being homosexual.

Anyway, well done Jon!

0 Likes

Congrats Jon. Really deserved. I hope this will get motivation up (and not arrogance :wink: ),
and that it will help to get you some extra help (and finance) for the project.
So that development-process can be speeded up and professionalized.

0 Likes

Awesome, well deserved! :smile:

0 Likes

Congratulations!!! :smiley:

0 Likes

Congratulations. Hope this will be a great stimulus for you and your team!

0 Likes

I don’t get it, who’s in the pics? Jon or Jbrooksuk?

0 Likes

Me :smile:

Jon wasn’t able to make it.

0 Likes

but it didn’t have any update in 2014 (except 2-3 patches)…

0 Likes

That doesn’t make it any less deserving.

0 Likes

Ok, here we go…

1. Sublime Text, which had not been updated for a few months stood the test of time, because of how solid it is. It was voted (by the public) to be one of the App of the Year shortlisters.
  2. Jon and co. didn’t do anything for this, I represented them on their behalf. There was little contact between us, other than just “yeah, you can represent us.”

So, what’s the problem again?

0 Likes

A little contact from him on the status of his product would be nice.

0 Likes

You can find the status of the product here

The prize was for the „app of the year”, not for „the most updated app of the year”.

There is anyone that really things that Jon will see all this trolls and will say: „Oh, no, sbauer is not happy with status! Quickly, i’ll compile a new version and reply to him!”

0 Likes

[quote=“Vaffe”]

Ok, here we go…

1. Sublime Text, which had not been updated for a few months stood the test of time, because of how solid it is. It was voted (by the public) to be one of the App of the Year shortlisters.
  2. Jon and co. didn’t do anything for this, I represented them on their behalf. There was little contact between us, other than just “yeah, you can represent us.”

So, what’s the problem again?

But the above two points above is the problem. Are you dense?

1. It’s not updated, and you falsely claims it so solid. There’s a huge amount of bugs (sift through the thousands of unanswered forum posts)

2. The fact HQ doesn’t even care to show up on an award ceremony shows they don’t care.

This is a dead product. One with an award.[/quote]

Out of thousands registered members in the forum, just few dozens (all with 1 to 10 posts max) are complaining about lack of stability or blocking bugs no one seems to be able to reproduce or points to sublime itself… I really wonder who is dense on here…

Are you jealous in some way about sublime? Were you in race against sublime for that award? What exactly have you to complain about something totally unreleated with the development?

It seems you, and all the other few-poster-troll-alike people on this thread just have one single thing to say: “it’s a dead project”.
Aren’t you happy about how Jps is running this project? then move to Atom, Brackets or, even better, make your own editor and show us how a project should be run…

0 Likes