Sublime Forum

Sublime Merge

Same query here. I was under the impression it was “use forever” so long as I restricted myself to the light theme.

0 Likes

Sublime Merge is commercial software. We make an evaluation version available so you have a fair chance to determine if it’s the right software for you before purchasing. We understand that sometimes, especially if you’re a student, this evaluation period can take quite some time, so we don’t place any time restrictions on it. However, it is an evaluation version, not a use-forever-without-paying version.

4 Likes

It doesn’t look like there’s a way to setup a keyboard shortcut for pulling. I’d find that easier than clicking the button or cmd+p’ing all the time. Am I missing something? Really loving what I’ve seen so far though, it’ll be so nice to get rid of SourceTree!

0 Likes

I have a license for Sublime Text and I use the dev channel for it. But I’m just testing Sublime Merge so I’d like to be able to use it from the stable channel. Is that possible?

0 Likes

dev channel is not requiring a license since now for a following few months.
But the problem is still there after those months…

0 Likes

We will be implementing a long term solution to this before we move dev builds back to requiring a license.

1 Like

I’m seeing my submodules as unstaged files - anyone else?

0 Likes

Yes, but only if head of the submodule moved. If I commit the new head position they disappear.

0 Likes

hmm…but if I commit a new head position I go out of sync with the remote - that won’t do…

0 Likes

Hi, amazing effort!
Been using sublime text for a long time (always happily paid for the licenses and upgraded to st3).

I would love to try out sublime merge, but… that bright theme on the trial version. :frowning:
I swear I tried it for a few minutes but all that brightness was blinding me, had to stop and reluctantly go back to the current solution that I use.

Please allow the dark theme on the trial version.
(even if maybe for a limited time period if that would be more inline with the business needs).
Peace!

Yours sincerely.

1 Like

Feature requests:

• individual file selector for each file in the diff (large diffs require lots of scrolling)
  • view a branch visually by itself (or at leastgroup commits instead on the same branch next to each other instead of interleaved with other branches)

Liking this so far!

0 Likes

Am I wrong or there’s no way to add a commit text? but only a commit title?

0 Likes

you are wrong :wink:

Enter will enter a new line and expand the height of the commit message input area.
I believe the first line is used as the title, the rest as the body (if present). Ofc there are some recommendations on the number of blank lines and line lengths etc. which other GUIs may abstract away with their opinionation by giving two separate inputs for title and body.

2 Likes

Great, sorry… it wasn’t so intuitive at first glance

0 Likes

I agree, I think you should really limit the ‘trial time’ and add the possibility to have dark theme… I can’t evaluate fully with this silly light theme…

0 Likes

I tried it out and to be honest I’m rather disappointed by the experience. The interface feels a bit cluttered. It’s not clear what file/chunk I have selected and am about to stage. But probably the biggest disappointment was that when merging I couldn’t use any of the usual things I do with sublime text. I had to resort to silly cut-paste to fix my merge conflicts. I couldn’t even move a line up with whatever the key combination is in sublime text. (I also don’t get why it’s more expensive than sublime text tbh.)

After it crashed when I accidentally pushed something to my master branch (which is disallowed) I gave up on trying it out. I’ll definitely try it out again in the future, but for now I’ll just stick with the command line. It’s definitely not worth the 90$ right now.

0 Likes

it was good to have the possibility of collapsing these areas.

example:

0 Likes

Within the past week we set up an issue tracker at https://github.com/sublimehq/sublime_merge/issues to help track requests like this.

1 Like

Is there any option to enable --no-ff on merge?

0 Likes

the viewing/not-viewing branch feature is so good to have.
Thank you so much!

0 Likes