Sublime Forum

Sublime Merge

Really nice tool. Two things I find confusing:

• There is no visual separation between working tree and staged files. It confuses me a lot that I see changes in my working tree I don’t want to commit near the Staged files section only to then notice the header.
  • How do I turn off the commits graph for commits outside of my current branch? It’s great to see the graph, but I would rather need a way to display just the graph of either commits only on my current branch (single line), or commits and branches that are parents of commits (tree rooted in the HEAD of current branch).
2 Likes

I have many branches with the same base commit. In the commandline it is drawn like this:

It does not take up much horizontal space as each branch is only indented one level.

In Sublime Merge, it looks like this:

It takes up a lot of horizontal space as each branch is indented one level more than the last.

Could a more compact tree be drawn in the commandline style?

2 Likes

Hi,
Nice tool, but I have quick question: is it possible to add “–rebase” parameter in “pull button” in top bar by default instead of using dropdown options? Due to project specific, I need to pull every time with rebase flag.

Thank you.

2 Likes

You probably don’t need to do a pull --rebase every time in Sublime Merge, as Sublime Merge uses --no-ff by default, i.e., it won’t create unwanted merge commits. If your local branch has diverged from upstream after a pull, the diverged banner will show, prompting you to Merge or Rebase.

1 Like

Nice looking tool, very promising!

How do I configure the diff to ignore whitespace-only differences?

0 Likes

Coming from Git-Fork, but I like it as Sublime Text is my main driver :smile:

24-hour time format? :blush:

2 Likes

Did you mean that it uses --ff? I believe --no-ff always creates a merge commit even if it could fast-forward.

From what I’ve seen testing merging out, it does not create merge commits if it can fast-forward (which is the default functionality of git).

1 Like

So I’m so used to using my current tools with dark themes (phpstorm, gitkraken, sublime text, postman). Is there anyway to at LEAST get the dark theme in the evaluation? I’m disinclined to use it in my regular workflow with the blinding light contrast when I switch between apps.

0 Likes

Is there a way to buy Sublime Merge without a credit card? Many people in Europe (including me) do not own one.

0 Likes

You realise that the dark theme is the ONLY thing that’s locked right?

0 Likes

Working on a chromium os repo is super slow. It seems to think that I have all the files staged for commit when git status only shows a couple.

Where can I post the debug logs?

0 Likes

I don’t like how you are forced to enter a message when creating a tag.

1 Like

I really like it! It handles my game project like a champ, just a few ui changes and I can probably switch from gitkraken :grin:

1 Like

Why was it necessary to provide a “custom git implementation”? Although it is only for reading, what’s wrong the good old git?

0 Likes

performance

UNMATCHED PERFORMANCE

Sublime Merge is built on the same custom platform as Sublime Text, providing unmatched responsiveness. With a powerful, cross-platform UI toolkit, an unmatched syntax highlighting engine, and a custom high-performance Git reading library, Sublime Merge sets the bar for performance.

0 Likes

Outstanding. I bought it immediately since Sublime Text has made my life so much happier for a number of years I’m only too happy to chip in more, and am fully expecting it to be awesome. So far fiddling at home it looks fantastic. Looking forward to using it at work. I’ve done my gitting in the terminal for 5 years since no other tool dislodged me, I’m thinking I might be in the terminal a bit less now.

BTW, I figured out that to match the Sublime Merge dark theme, install this color scheme and theme in Sublime Text…

"color_scheme": "Packages/Color Scheme - Default/Mariana.sublime-color-scheme",
"theme": "Gravity One.sublime-theme",
1 Like

It would be really good if Sublime Merge could support a tabbed interface so that multiple project can be open in a single window. I typically work with many repos open at the same time (microservices, libraries). And have a window for each it a little much. The tabs in Sublime Text are so good I’m surprised this wasn’t included from the beginning!

5 Likes

Hi, I’m having a problem with Git LFS on Mac. When I click on the pull button, I get the error “git-lfs filter-process: git-lfs: command not found”, dispite the fact that git lfs works on the machine and I can pull normally using terminal.

0 Likes

I had the same issue, so I quickly hacked a little shell script that allows you to do just this:
MergeToolWrapper.

There’s some caveats listed in the comment, but it works for me so far.

0 Likes

Am I missing something? I installed Sublime Merge on Arch and it is asking for a license key.

Ignore me I am a muppet. Didn’t realise I had to install the Stable version.

0 Likes