Sublime Forum

Sublime Merge

I really missing shortcuts for common actions. I am pretty sure, it’s possible modify shortcuts in config. But I can’t find any docs, how it’s possible to make. I want shortcuts for push and pull --rebase --autostash command.

0 Likes

I would also really like to see avatar support, if only to help me differentiate my two personas for personal and work projects when I work from home or tweak my public bashrc from work.

0 Likes

Hey guys,

I’m having a hard time making the Alt+click on branch eye icon to work on my ubuntu 18.04. I can click it without any modifier and it correctly toggles the visibility. But pressing Alt and clicking does nothing other than highlighting accessbility keys on the top navbar. Is there any solution to this?

0 Likes

Hey, what I would really like to see for Sublime merge, since I have several Git projects that I have to switch between pretty often, is this:

1. An “open this folder in sublime merge” context menu option in the Windows file browser
  2. Something among the lines of “open this git repo as a Sublime Text project”, would be great. I believe you’re working on a better integration between ST and SM? If so, I’ll be patient ;p
0 Likes

1. is easy to fix manually, if it does not yet work out of the box. This is what I added to registry.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shell\sublime_merge]
@="Open with Sublime Merge"
"Icon"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Sublime Merge\\sublime_merge.exe\",0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shell\sublime_merge\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Sublime Merge\\sublime_merge.exe\" \"%1\""
0 Likes

I would like to expand on this. With your solution it is only possible to open when rightclicking on the folder you want to open. I would like to add an option to rightclick on the background of a folder to open SM here.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\background\shell\sublime_merge]
@="Sublime Merge Here"
"Icon"="C:\\Program Files\\Sublime Merge\\sublime_merge.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\background\shell\sublime_merge\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Sublime Merge\\sublime_merge.exe\" \"%v\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shell\sublime_merge]
@="Open with Sublime Merge"
"Icon"="C:\\Program Files\\Sublime Merge\\sublime_merge.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shell\sublime_merge\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Sublime Merge\\sublime_merge.exe\" \"%v\""
0 Likes

hi, I just started using Merge, I switched to it from GHdesktop. I am also wondering if it has a Publish repo feature in merge like GHdesktop?

0 Likes

I really love the feature in Merge where you can search for commits containing specific content with the contents: ... operator, but I often have to deal with pretty large commits in our codebase, and if I’m looking for contents:$somevar, in a commit that contains ~13 hunks, and I have to check 50 commits like that, it’s still a large effort to locate the exact files/locations where this exact pattern occurs.

Would it be possible to highlight the contents, or filter out irrelevant hunks in that commit that don’t contain the search query I issues? It would save so much time!

Anything like this would be great!

• highlight the hunk bars where some content is matched
  • highlight in the gutter
  • highlight the exact text matches with a distinct background color

A highlight in the gutter would be the least intrusive feature that would work great, I think!

1 Like

I would really like to see a “high altitude” view on all the repos I work with, which ones are ahead or behind remote and by how many, and which have uncommitted files and how many, stashes, etc.

I use the Select Repo pallets for switching repos like projects in ST, and since this is a list of recents, this seems like a useful place to show details like this. Although, a permanent window or a “welcome” screen like the empty-window/open-dialog would be another good candidate. If tabs were on the roadmap, I assume some information like that could be worked into the tabs themselves like unsaved edits in ST tabs.

I started my GUI git work in SourceTree, and it’s repo selection window felt very good at giving you a summary of what you might have forgotten to commit or push. I’ve been using SM exclusively since I bought my license, and really love it, but it seems I’ve been leaving things uncommitted here and there, where in SourceTree I wouldn’t make that mistake so much.

Edit: I wrote this script and added it to my .bashrc so that when I open a new terminal window, I get a summary of what changes I’ve made that I need to consider committing and pushing. Pass it one or more directories of projects or parent folders.

3 Likes

Same license as Sublime but oddly with a restriction on the theme which admittedly confuses me.

1 Like

hiii
I’m having a hard time making the alt+click on branch eye icon to work on my ubuntu 18
I can click it without any modifier and it correctly toggles the visibility.
But pressing Alt and clicking does nothing other than highlighting accessbility keys on the top navbar.
Is there any solution to this?

http://www.rahkarenovin.com

0 Likes

I also wish this, but hopefully on all platforms, not just MacOS.

So everyone knows what this is reference to, having multiple windows in a tabbed single window.

0 Likes

MacOS tabs are an OS feature and don’t translate to Windows’s window manager as this doesn’t exist there. For Linux there are other window managers that provide support for this by themselves independent of the application.

0 Likes

I am getting the following error- kindly help!

How do I begin to use Sublime Merge? I have installed it for the first time today.

0 Likes

There is no error in your screenshot. What you’re seeing is the standard dialog to open a repository.

Do you know what kind of software Sublime Merge is, or more generally, what “git” is?

2 Likes

Great work guys! One key missing feature for me is something that I have only found in GitExtensions where commits that aren’t in your currently checked out branch are greyed out. This is the killer feature that keeps me using Git Extensions as it makes managing branches and releases SOOO much easier

0 Likes

I guess I have installed as on your way, because the issue I’m getting is the same as yours. But I’m getting the issue of NEO and SSH only. By the way it is just outstanding work they have done.

0 Likes

You can always show/hide each branch with the eye icon (hover for details) to the right of each branch name in the location bar. (or in the commands starting with Show or Hide)

0 Likes

Nevertheless all commits of all branches are displayed with the same color. The point with GitExtensions is: Even if all branches are visible, you can clearly see, which commits belong to the checked out branch as all others are dimmed.

0 Likes

Thanks for your views contributors. It really helpful for me.

0 Likes