Sublime Forum

ST4 issues I found, but have no time to write proper bug reports (yet)

I enjoy using ST4 on Fedora 32 x86_64 and SwayWM, but I have found some issues that sometimes drive me nuts. This list was compiled since the official release of ST4, but I have no luck to find some time to write proper bug reports yet.

If anyone has the time to test and report this issues, I’ll try and help.

Issues

• regex replace: ^ in selection does not work on the first line of selection unless the first line is empty (then it works as expected and as it worked in ST3);
  • ST4 does not always open files from command-line (esp when they are open in a different window, they cannot be open in the active window unless via GUI), or it simply opens the files not in the active window, but a different one (probably the one on the right of the active window); IMHO, it should always open file in the currently open (active) window regardless of workspace/project (as I see it, the files are open in the project in which the file/folder is associated with);
  • in Bash, when I input a backtick it does not heed that the cursor is at the word start (and therefore inserts two backticks instead of one); same is true about the closing backtick (again, two backticks are inserted instead of one); same is true when the closing backtick is already inserted (one backtick is inserted before the already present backtick; it should not insert a backtick at all and place the cursor after the already present backtick);
  • when I select some text (not all the text in a file) and try to place the cursor within that selection, quite often I need to click twice in order to place the cursor at the desired location (I believe this is connected with the new drag-and-drop feature); it also happens when I want to place the cursor after the final selected line by clicking at the empty space after it (when the final selected line width is less than the window width);
  • [already reported] ST4 does not remember last input in Command Palatte when quiting it using ESC;
  • in BASH, $ in variables are left on the previous line when line wrapping is enabled;
  • in BASH (but I believe it is true of any syntax), when I type (for example) while true; do, auto-complete suggests to insert done, which is incorrect, then I press Enter and it auto-inserts it (obviously); same is true of other stuff;
  • when inserting a copied line (without selection, putting the cursor on the line, and pressing Ctrl+C) and inserting the copied string into an already-indented line without any other chars (only indentation spaces/tabs), afterwards pressing Ctrl+Shift+K (to delete the newline inserted), the indentation of the previous line (or some portion of it) is insert before the line following the deleted line; I have observed this in BASH scripts, therefore it might be connected with its macros;
  • at least in BASH and Markdown, when inserting ( just before a word start, it inserts (), but it should insert ( only;
  • sometimes the cursor keeps a position, but although I can move it, visually it keeps its previous position; The line highline works as expected though, as well as I can select/move/delete text, but the cursor does not work (although it keeps blinking as configured);
  • in Markdown files, closing HTML tag brackets (>) are not inserted; also closing tags are not inserted;
  • when clicking in file content and pressing F3, it would skip the next item and select (find) the following one;
  • from time to time, the the text cursor in ST4 stucks to a place (but keeps blinking as expected), but I can still move the cursor position around and type, but not move the cursor (icon) itself.

More or less related bugs

A list of related issues I couldn’t find to read thoroughly.

1 Like

Reported as

That’s a general word wrapping core issue not limited to certain syntaxes. AFAIK it’s reported, too, but can’t find it atm.

Also a general issue not related to certain syntaxes. A perfect matching completion is removed from suggestions. So do is removed and done is next best matching candidate. Not sure why it is doing so, guess it has to do with snippets, iirc. With done as best next candidate ST can’t know you don’t want it, when pressing enter.

Can’t reproduce that in neither of mensioned languages.

HTML completions have been disabled in markdown as those get in the way most of the time.

To enable them, you may want to modify syntax specific settings (HTML.sublime-settings)

// Can be a list of strings which are joined before matching.
    "default_completions_selector": [
        // Plain HTML
        "text.html - source - string"
    ]
1 Like