Sublime Forum

ST3 crashes frequently since Build 3124

I also copied my config backups to the %APPDATA%\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\ and everything is working fine, including installed packages, sublime_session and previous projects.

0 Likes

:joy: Now I remembered, I am also using the x86 version, just because of this kind stuff. For may experience, they are more trouble makers than the x86 version, as on Windows, as on Linux. Also, I do not see why Sublime Text needs a X64 version. Does it is planning to use more than 4 GB RAM? May be it is for performance as the x86 support on x64 machines being by virtualization:

0 Likes

Iā€™m having the EXACT same problem of @carlosgonser nd @evert.ramos and we are brasilians (i really donā€™t get why only 3, and 3 brasilians had the exacttly same problem, i mena, freezes when we move our mouse, and even in the registration file we canā€™t put the code, only works running sublime with administrator privileges)

Maybe you guys did some changing in any locale or translation file that maybe ruining the experience for us ?

Ɖ brazucas, vamos ter que esperar, estranho demais sĆ³ nĆ³s trĆŖs estarmos com esse erro, nĆ£o ?

0 Likes

There is no localization for Sublime Text, barring potential keyboard layout issues.

1 Like

There is something else going on here, because @carlosgonser said that after trying to run 3124 then 3114 wouldnā€™t work, even though it did before. Because of that, Iā€™m not convinced it isnā€™t some sort of environment issue, however I donā€™t know what it is.

As @FichteFoll said, there isnā€™t an localization we do. There certainly have been changes since 3114, but we did 5 decent sized dev build between 3114 and 3124, so it is hard to pin down what may have triggered the issue on your machines. If you can figure out at what dev build the error starts for you, it may help in figuring it out.

Right now, since I canā€™t reproduce it, I canā€™t really do much to fix it.

0 Likes

Later he said:

So, looks like before upgrading, he has the 3114 x86, and upgraded to x64 3124. And when tried to install the 3114, he installed the 3114 x64, instead of the 3114 x86, so it does not worked. Just last him to confirm that installing the 3114 x64, does not work also, but both 3114 x86 and 3124 x86 are working fine.

Maybe it is a Windows 10 problem. What is the build you tried to reproduce it? It is the same as him?

Also, what third part static or dynamic libraries Sublime Text depends on for loading on? Maybe some of them are different/updated/out-of-date across our Windows 10 systems.

0 Likes

I think I had the x64 version installed before, as I updated to 3114 through the auto updater, but I canā€™t assure that, since I donā€™t have the original setup filed I used anymore.

Itā€™s certainly not related to localization, as my laptop is american and my Windows is original and set up with en_US locale.

0 Likes

Same thing for meā€¦ Even if I ā€œrollbackā€ to an older version, the freeze persists.

0 Likes

Iā€™m also brazilian and experiencing the same problem.

0 Likes

Hey guys, created an account here just so I could join and help out saying that I never had problems with sublime, but since last update I canā€™t use it anymore because it freezes no matter what I do. Iā€™m also from Brazil

0 Likes

Are you guys using the x86 version or the x64?

0 Likes

Iā€™m curious if you have trouble with Build 3119? The build after this we added some fixes for Unicode and Python issues, however that should really only affect plugin_host.exe, and not sublime_text.exe.

For anyone who is having this problem with Sublime Text, the three most useful bits of information would be:

1. Does the portable version work when installed in a path with only ASCII characters?
  2. What is your %APPDATA% folder name (enter this into the Explorer address bar)? Does it contain non-ASCII characters?
  3. Does the 32bit version work, but the 64bit not?
0 Likes

Having the same problems described here and I am from Brazil too.

1a. Portable 64bits version crashes when installed in C:\stx64.
1b. Portable 32bits version DOES NOT crash when installed in C:\st3x32.
2. %APPDATA% = C:\Users\WinMac\AppData\Roaming
3. Installed x32 version (not portable) and it works. Only x64 version crashes.

Removed all installed versions and did this to check some more info:

Canā€™t really say witch was the last version I was running because I uninstalled everything after the upgrade and crashing problems. Removed all installed versions, including Sublime AppData files. Installed Build 3119 64bits. After installing the ā€œEnter Licenseā€ showed up but when mouse moved to the window, it crashed. So the Build 3119 64bits does not work too. Uninstalled this build (with all files). Installed Build 3114 64bits and it crashed. Uninstalled.

Other info:

• When running ST3 64bit as administrator, it doesnā€™t crash. But we canā€™t open files with file associations. We need to go to ā€œFile > Openā€.
1 Like

I tried every tip discussed here, cleaning sublime files, changing directory, different builds etc ā€¦ but nothing worked. After @addons_zz post I decided to try the x86 version and so far it is working without a problem, but the problems persists with the x64 versions (which I was using until now )

0 Likes

Sublime it's closing itself. Build 3126 (Windows)

Can you answer the questions I posted above? Iā€™m trying to figure out if there is anything in common with users having trouble with the x64 build.

0 Likes

1- No, the portable x64 does not work running on a path like c:\sub64
2- C:\Users\Vianhellsing\AppData\Roaming
3- Yes the 32bit version is working without any problem

0 Likes

Sublime freezes and crashes on start (Build 3126, Win10 64, Registered)
Crash BUG of 3126

itā€™s works!!!

0 Likes

I figured out! thanks @oivva

My Evn: Arch Linux x86_64, sublime-text-dev 3126

Mac and Windows details see here

0. Close Sublime Text

1. Try to remove these folders:

~/.config/Sublime Text 3/Cache
    ~/.config/Sublime Text 3/Index

2. Try to remove these files:

~/.config/Sublime Text 3/Local/Session.sublime_session

3. Create new workspace for your project.

4. if you using `Markdown Extended` package, remove or ignore it in setting

AKA, clean Cash & Index, forbidden Markdown Extend, and re-built your Project workspace

BTW, MarkdownFootnotes could be substitution !

0 Likes

Error after update

Galera meu pc ficou todo bugado com a nova atualizaĆ§Ć£o do windows 10 de aniversĆ”rioā€¦ tanto o Sublime quanto o Atom dĆ£o problemasā€¦ o Filezilla esses tempos tambĆ©m travou, estava utilizando a versĆ£o de 64bits estava travando passei para o de 32 no filezilla e melhorouā€¦ mas o restante estĆ” tudo dando problemaā€¦ jĆ” formatei o pc e instalei do zero direto no build de aniversĆ”rioā€¦ certeza que o problema vem daiā€¦

0 Likes

So:

1. You used the Sublime Text x86 version and it do not worked?
  2. Try the x86 portable version running from your desktop.
0 Likes