~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Index

2. Try to remove these files:

Windows

%APPDATA%\Sublime Text 3\Local\id*
%APPDATA%\Sublime Text 3\Local\Session.sublime_session

macOS

~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Local/id*
~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Local/Session.sublime_session

3. If you are web developer add remove node_modules from indexing via adding next settings to your user preference file

"index_exclude_patterns":
	[
		"node_modules/**",
		"*.log"
	],

4. Create new workspace for your project.

5. Check your plugins & themes

These ones are causing issues:

• Markdown Editing
  • Markdown Extended

Also try to enable all your default packages.

4 Likes

Crash BUG of 3126

@wbond,

I just noticed a weird thing… when using only the keyboard it´s working… even delete and install a package, like:

But, right after my first click (with the mouse) it crashes… like:

Just weird…

Hello @oivva, thanks for you reply. I tryid thatr as well on the preferences and users preferences settings, but I will tell you what, it´s freezing on opening, even withouth any projects loaded.

Thanks again!

-------8<----------

First Update

Actually I did not even needed to click, only pass the mouse through sublime area and it freezes…

------>8-----------

1 Like

I have found a workaround for this issue. You have to run Sublime Text as Administrator.

For me is working well. If you guys find a definitive solution for this issue, please tell us.

Regards.

2 Likes

ok!

I am not sure… but after reinstalling a couple times, there might a permission problem, as some has pointed it out.

After reinstalling it was still not working, so, I am using a Windows 7, on a domain, so, here what I did to fix it:

1. Create a folder under C: (ex. apps) (On windows enviorment it will be accessible by every user this way).

2. Insltall a fresh Sublime Text 3 under this folder (ex. C:\apps\Sublime Text 3)

So it worked! Even with my regular configuration files, activation license, packages, settings and everything.

Update 01:

Sorry everyone, today got back and it starts to freeze again… let´s see how it goes.

0 Likes

@evert.ramos I got EXACTLY the same problem as you! If i just type something, Sublime keeps working. As soon as I pass the mouse through sublime area and it freezes. Really weird.

@leozzito Thanks for the tip! That also worked here! Have you tried that, @evert.ramos?

0 Likes

@oliverdrummond well, I had a work around on other way, besides having to run as admin everytime, I reinstalled under C: as my previous message.

1 Like

Autoupdate, ST3 3124, Windows 10 x64, Not Responding

Same problem here. Running as administrator “solves” the problem, but it’s annoying. Any permanent fix besides installing in another folder as @evert.ramos said?

0 Likes

My sublime crashed here, but I think it is not related: [Build 3124] Crashed while saving my sublime-syntax modifitions.

What I do is simple, I run the portable version on another hard disk, i.e., not where my Windows 10 is installed. A folder like:

D:\User\Applications\SoftwareVersioning\SublimeText\

The running as administrator problem seens to be about the Windows file access permission, so moving sublime out of the Program Files and User folder restrictions prying eyes seens to solve it. But I cannot confim if my Sublime Text is free of crash because I since that crash I did not worked with sublime-syntax files developments.

0 Likes

I haven’t been able to replicate the issue on my Windows 10 x64 VM.

Can any of you having trouble look in the Event Viewer and see if you can find any entries related to Sublime Text?

0 Likes

I can do that if you guide me through

0 Likes

This should help you: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766401(v=ws.11).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

The program is a screen like this below. I do not know what is expected to be found, try look for errors info:

0 Likes

Same problem here… even when I re-installed in c:\ folder…

0 Likes

@addons_zz I’ve manage to get there, but what information should I take from it?

Update 1: I tried to install version 3114 and… same problem! :heart_eyes:

Update 2: After I did a registry cleaning with CCleaner, Sublime 3124 is “working” for a while. No crashes yet.

Update 3: Nevermind, after I close it and open it again, ST3 crashed.

0 Likes

The same issue on Mac OS. Not responsive app during loading

0 Likes

Big issues on OSX. Sublime crashed immediately on startup so I followed instructions and wiped every last drop off my computer including all configurations, packages and other meta files.

After a truly fresh install, opening certain text files I’ve opened 1000 times before sends the CPU to 100% and Sublime becomes unresponsive.

I am using ruby-slim, sass, better coffeescript plugins only. No other configurations beyond defaults.

This is a tragedy.

0 Likes

Ghost Text package has stopped working a long time ago for me,
I filled a bug today: https://github.com/GhostText/GhostText/issues/86

0 Likes

Try copy this information and paste here:

0 Likes

Hello @wbond,

Even after reinstalling it starts to freeze again. Here is the Event View:

Nome do Log:   Application
Fonte:         Application Hang
Data:          23/09/2016 08:46:22
Identificação do Evento:1002
Categoria da Tarefa:(101)
NĂ­vel:         Erro
Palavras-chave:ClĂĄssico
UsuĂĄrio:       N/D
Computador:    PC36051
Descrição:
O programa sublime_text.exe versão 1.0.0.1 parou de interagir com o Windows e foi fechado. Para ver se hå mais informaçþes disponíveis sobre o problema, verifique o histórico de problemas no painel de controle da Central de Açþes.
 ID de Processo: 954
 Hora de InĂ­cio: 01d2158fbf126987
 Hora de TĂŠrmino: 2
 Caminho do Aplicativo: C:\apps\Sublime Text 3\sublime_text.exe
 Id do RelatĂłrio: 584ddc8d-8183-11e6-bc6f-6002921ad290

XML de Evento:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Hang" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>101</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-09-23T11:46:22.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>25229</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>PC36051</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>sublime_text.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.0.0.1</Data>
    <Data>954</Data>
    <Data>01d2158fbf126987</Data>
    <Data>2</Data>
    <Data>C:\apps\Sublime Text 3\sublime_text.exe</Data>
    <Data>584ddc8d-8183-11e6-bc6f-6002921ad290</Data>
    <Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Is this what you meant?

Let me know if I can be more of a help.

> FOR THOSE WHO ARE STUCK,PLEASE ACCESS THE FOLDER UPDATE AND RUN THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF SUBLIME TO KEEP UP THE WORK.

Sublime is pretty smart to keep the last version (before the update) in the pc so we can still get things done! Please check:

C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Sublime Text 3\Update

or

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Sublime Text 3\Update

Click on sublime_text.exe, ignore the update message and start working!

Update 01:

@wbond - it´s only freezing in my regular user, when acessing sublime from Admin user it works normally. Check that in your enviorment. Here we have regular accounts and the network admin can access and install softwares… so, we can not access the as admin to work. Thanks!

0 Likes

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Hang
Date: 22/09/2016 22:21:09
Event ID: 1002
Task Category: (101)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Lucas-PC
Description:
The program sublime_text.exe version 1.0.0.1 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: ab8
Start Time: 01d215389f5be809
Termination Time: 12
Application Path: C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_text.exe
Report Id: fee7b179-812b-11e6-a27b-74d02b2ca009
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
Lucas-PC

sublime_text.exe
ab8
01d215389f5be809
C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_text.exe
fee7b179-812b-11e6-a27b-74d02b2ca009

55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000

Using Windows 10 Pro 1607 x64

0 Likes

May you look into the Security and Maintenance control panel to see if you find something about Sublime?

Try to make your sublime portable, as mime is. To do that, just download the sublime portable on http://www.sublimetext.com/3. And unzip/place it on a different Partition other than ‘C:’ as, D:\. I think that your ‘Desktop’ folder should be enough also.

And copy your settings, i.e., one of this folder contexts on:

Mac:
~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/

Windows:
C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\

Linux:
~/.config/sublime-text-3/

To the Data folder where the Sublime Text executable file is located on. (sublime_text.exe for windows, sublime_text for linux). If the data folder does not exists, create one. Sublime Text detects the Data folder existence automatically and to starts in portable mode if the Data folder exists together the application executable file.

0 Likes