Sublime Forum

[Solved] Unity (Ubuntu) shows the wrong application title

Hello all. I am looking for some help with the first truly frustrating experience I am having with Sublime Text 3.

I happily purchased a key for Sublime Text 3 after using it for a month or two. I am currently using it on 3 different computers (all run Ubuntu 15.10) and on 2 of the 3 everything works fine. On the third no matter what I try I cannot get the “UNREGISTERED” in the title bar to go away.

I have already done all of the following:
Re-enter key
Check to make sure key is properly formatted
Uninstall and re-install Sublime Text 3
Uninstall and re-install Sublime Text 3 and delete data folder
Install dev version (which works after entering key but still says “UNREGISTERED”)

I know this seems like a very small problem but I find it very annoying and would really like to fix it.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

0 Likes

ST always try open an old file
Getting old icon on new install with Ubuntu 16.04LTS
Sublime text 2 instead of 3 ubuntu confusion

Looks like a Unity caching problem to me - the title bar of the application itself is correct, but the bar at the top of the screen (and in the Launcher if it is pinned there) never changes from Untitled - Sublime Text (UNREGISTERED):

Even in the application search, it shows like that:

Maybe there is some way to clear this cache?

0 Likes

related: http://askubuntu.com/questions/757375/sublime-texts-shortcut-name-is-wrong-and-creates-a-new-file-every-time-i-start
and http://askubuntu.com/questions/717333/sublime-text-unusual-title

summary:

you can fix it by executing the following in the Terminal:

rm ~/.local/share/applications/sublime_text.desktop 

and logging out and back in again (you may need to re-add it to your launcher if you had pinned it)

4 Likes

Thank you very much for the response. I haven’t had a chance to dive back into fixing this but I will certainly try your suggested fix.

0 Likes

Thank you very much. I was looking for the answer too long. I really appreciate that.
I have created this account in the forum only to thank you for that.

0 Likes