Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3127

So files that are added to a folder in the sidebar aren’t being indexed? Is that folder, or one of the parents a symlink?

Does collapsing and expanding the folder in the sidebar show the added file?

0 Likes

We fork your shell (in C) passing the -l parameter to make it a login shell (and get a clean environment). We then send the input:

/usr/bin/env
exit

and read the output.

0 Likes

It’s reported to the theme dev here: https://github.com/ctf0/Seti_ST3/issues/293

0 Likes

This is happening for me as well… I also removed all plugins that affect the sidebar, but the issue is still there…

0 Likes

This release broke my Cobalt2 theme tabs - they went back to the stock tabs instead of the custom png ones I had. Is this reported?

0 Likes

No, but if you can provide some more info, I am looking into bug reports related to the theme engine right now.

0 Likes

Hi Will,

1. Files already in the folder aren’t indexed - but do appear in the sidebar.
  2. Files added to the folder aren’t indexed - and do not appear in the sidebar at first.
  3. Collapsing and expanding the folder shows the added file. Does not add the file to the index.
  4. Folder isn’t a symlink, and neither are any of the parents. Permissions are fine too.
  5. When I click on a file in the sidebar, and that file hasn’t been indexed, the file’s tab opens just fine - but the file isn’t highlighted in the sidebar (even though that’s exactly where I clicked on it)
  6. Clicking ‘Refresh Folders’ appears to trigger no action. There’s no measurable CPU increase (which I’d expect with re-indexing), no status bar indexing indicator, and no new Indexing job listed in the Indexing Status window.

Destroying the index entirely to force a rebuild doesn’t change which files get indexed. It’s always the same folders (and their contents) that don’t get indexed (so far). It appears deterministic and reproducible.

Dev builds prior to 3127 had no trouble at all with these files and folders.

I can’t find much information to help speculate on what the cause is, sorry.

• The index status reaches 99%, and there’s no obvious error messages in the index log (assuming I’m looking at the right log, of course!), so it doesn’t look like the indexer is crashing out.
  • If it was me, my next step would be to get the indexer to log each file it examines, to isolate the problem either in the filesystem crawling code or in the index data structure code.

Is there anywhere I can look for information that would help with this? Any settings that I can switch on to gather more information? Very happy to help you diagnose this any way that I can :slightly_smiling:

0 Likes

@ronjouch Can you please let me know if you somehow get the height of the tabbar reduced? It would be well appreciated.

thanks

1 Like

I’ve identified the issue causing incorrect texture selection in Seti_UI and Cobalt2 themes. There will be a fix in the next dev build.

0 Likes

In terms of the bar bar height, from what I can tell we are using the same vertical space as the old default theme did. Could someone extrapolate on the aversion to the current height? Is the issue that there is now more contrast in the tab bar?

This is probably also a good time to point out that you can customize a theme by creating file in your Packages/User/ folder with the same filename as the theme. For the Default theme, this would be Packages/User/Default.sublime-theme. In this file, you can add custom theme rules. You can learn about the rules at https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/themes.html.

Here is an example of changing the default row spacing of the sidebar:

[
    {
        "class": "sidebar_tree",
        "row_padding": [16, 1, 16, 1],
    }
]

In the case of the tabs, you’d have to create your own textures that are shorter than the default tabs to make it shorter.

6 Likes

Are these buttons supposed to go next and previous tabs? I click on them with multiple tabs open but nothing happens.

Mac OS Seirra.

0 Likes

No, they are intended to scroll through the tab area. If you don’t have enough tabs open that tab scrolling is happening, then they will do nothing.

0 Likes

Got it thanks.

0 Likes

True, it’s the same. But I strongly disliked the previous curvy default and had no problem moving to Spacegray. Now that I like the default except for the height I’d have stayed with the default :slight_smile: . I’ll consider a theme, or a custom theme rule (but it seems painful as I just want to override some values and there doesn’t seem to be an inheritance/cascading mechanism from an existing theme - or is it?), or just live with it. Thanks.

0 Likes

You can override all the theme options, in my case adding a file Packages/User/Adaptive.sublime-theme or can be Default.sublime-theme with the code:

[
  {
    "class": "tabset_control",
    "tab_height": 26
  }
]
4 Likes

Thanks … it worked… :slightly_smiling:

0 Likes

What is the setting to change the menubar color? or is this feature reserved to the Adaptive Theme? I’m on Mac OSX of course

0 Likes

Help->Changelog sometimes crashes/hangs/does nothing/prevents the new build of ST3 from starting and never displays changelog on Windows 7 and Windows XP.

0 Likes

The title bar of the window is controlled by the title_bar class in the theme. You’d need to create a theme customization file, or edit the theme. http://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/themes.html

0 Likes

So you can never open the changelog on Windows 7 with build 3129?

0 Likes