Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3127

Thanks! It work

0 Likes

Does fish respond to the command env like sh, csh, bash, zsh do? Currently that is how we extract you env vars.

0 Likes

Some might consider this a feature! :smile:

3 Likes

This is unlikely to happen due to the way we implemented the feature. Effectively we are “re-skinning” the title bar, such that none of the dimensions are affected. Changing the dimensions would require making the title bar part of the window content, which would require adjusting all sorts of implementation details of how the UI is laid out.

1 Like

What sorts of issues are you seeing?

0 Likes

@wbond Yep. Eg.

externl@macos ~  $ env
GIT_MERGE_VERBOSITY=4
GPG_TTY=/dev/ttys000
HOME=/Users/externl
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
SSH_AGENT_PID=1694
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/var/folders/2h/mprgp0w92hxdhchm0h8clbb40000gn/T//ssh-G9wrtOxncH6N/agent.1693
TERM=xterm-256color

It also has the same syntax as bash for running a single command: /usr/local/bin/fish -c env. Are maybe other flags being passed, or the shell loaded using something like Python’s subprocess module?

0 Likes

@wbond, would it be possible to provide a setting for smaller tabbar please? I know it’s the prerogative of the theme developers, but the default one (adaptive theme) is huge, I would think. A setting for smaller tabs would be most welcome. This setting would also suffice for people who would want to use the default theme (since it seems that most of themes the users were using are broken - Soda is broken for me , while I saw one request that Seti is also broken) till the time theme developers fix their themes.

Thanks
Gagan

1 Like

@kingkeith Thank you very much!

0 Likes

Here is the changes in the official documentation:

3 Likes

Please provide a way to use the old GDI rendering for the sidebar instead of the new DirectWrite. Or make the “font_options” preference affect not only the edit-text area, but also the rest of the Sublime Text GUI.

The DirectWrite rendering looks inferior for my setup. Things rendered via GDI can then be hooked by the MacType font renderer for Windows, giving beautiful results.

5 Likes

I just downloaded the dev build on Mac OS 10.12.4 and as soon as I start it, I get the pop-up “Please enter license key”. Is a license key required to try it out?

0 Likes

yes, Dev builds require a license

0 Likes

There is a very strange issue in the sidebar in 3128 on Windows 7 64bit.

My folder structure is like this:

• main folder
    • folder a
    • folder b
    • folder c uncollapsed
    • folder d

On Sublime start everything was fine, but after a while the folder structure in the sidebar was messed up:

• folder c as item is gone, but the subfolders and files of folder c are still there

(Can’t upload screenshots, probably some proxy issue at work)

1 Like

Still have the sidebar issue with build 3128. It only happens when starting sublime text from terminal on macos serria using “subl .” command.

0 Likes

Japanese characters are not displayed properly in folder view and file select tabs.

1 Like

Just noticed that (in 3128 on Linux) Word Wrap is broken.

• Word Wrap is always on, cannot be disabled
  • ‘View > Word Wrap’ menu option will tick / untick itself, has no other effect
0 Likes

3129 is out now, addressing some of the above issues

7 Likes

Thanks, Will! Great to see an answer on this, even if it’s not what many would hope! I’ll post an update citing you on the User Echo feature request for this.

0 Likes

@wbond the new theme is great :slight_smile: . I have one feature request: could there be an option to reduce the tab bar height? I like compact layouts, the current vertical padding feels excessive.

2 Likes

Thanks for getting new dev builds out so quickly.

Good news: Word wrap issue seems fixed in 3129. I can’t reproduce it after upgrading.

Bad news: File indexing and sidebar issues are still there for me (Ubuntu 16.04, ST3 3129 64-bit).

0 Likes