Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3127

@jps @wbond thanks for this update! Looking very nice!

One thing I’d like to see is the ability to set a different height and some padding around the OSX toolbar. This would make things feel a little less squashed.

1 Like

I think more likely yes than no. Theme developers should review their themes, because of some possible incompatibilities. Details in the Depracated and Obsolete sections. However I think that only very popular themes will be updated, because many of them are not maintained anymore by their authors.

The good news is that new theme engine allows to create really awesome UI. So I recommend to stick with Default theme and wait a couple of months to see new UI game changers.

P.S. Package Control needs rating system, because of many obsolete and low-quality packages.

0 Likes

Congrats!

I got some very weird scaling issues when moving the ST window from a retina to non-retina display

1 Like

Hi @wbond!

Well, I had it disabled before updating and then nothing get’s shown. If I enable Show open files, everything is visible. When I disable it (because I don’t want open files shown), then it works. But if I restart Sublime or close the window, I got the same problem that nothing is shown.

Would be great if this get’s a fast fix, thanks!

0 Likes

On 3128 and same empty sidebar problem for me. It’s nice to have a work-around by going to View > Side Bar > Show Open Files but annoying because it keeps reverting back.

2 Likes

Can confirm the same experience as @guillermooo

The update looks great!

0 Likes

I get some ugly fonts (looks hard/frayed):

How about using the same (monospace) font you define as font_face in your settings?

0 Likes

This is a pretty random thing, but I am using the dark theme on MacOS and I am not crazy about how the background color of the new Sublime Text icon matches PERFECTLY with the background of the dock/app switcher:

Perhaps that was intentional, but would you consider darkening or lightening the background a bit?

1 Like

Here’s how you fix it: change the colour of your desktop. Or you can turn off transparency:

0 Likes

If you don’t want to change your desktop environment and are not opposed to replacing the icon yourself, I find Rafael’s macOS flavored version to be far more pleasing and platform consistent than both the new and old official icons.

0 Likes

By the way, I :heart: the Adaptive theme.

One thing I’d like to see is file type icons though. That’s all I miss from themes such as Primer.

2 Likes

I think this is typically best handled by the community: https://packagecontrol.io/packages/A%20File%20Icon

1 Like

This was fixed in 3128! Rejoice!

0 Likes

was it intended that autocomplete in the new Theme - Default no longer shows which characters matched?

0 Likes

I just realized I DO have reduce transparency on so that is probably why this is happening, but even so Sublime Text is the only application where the icon blends in with the background color. Thanks for posting Rafael’s icon though! I will try that out

0 Likes

I see the same issue on macOS 10.12.4

0 Likes

This issue existed in earlier buits, too. I experienced this issue several times on Windows x64, when I opened the command panel too quickly after startup.

0 Likes

I signed up to say thanks so much for the latest update.

Running and looking beautifully on Ubuntu 16.04 with the Adaptive theme.

For those on Linux having trouble with the icon not updating, Try the following:

• Back up your current one:

$ cp ~/.local/share/icons/sublime_text.png ~/.local/share/icons/sublime_text_old.png

• Copy over the new one:

$ cp /usr/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/apps/sublime-text.png ~/.local/share/icons/sublime_text.png

If above fails, try:

$ cp /usr/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/apps/sublime-text.png ~/.local/share/icons/sublime_text.png

The dock icon looks incredibly better than before and fills up the entire 128x128 nicely.

Thanks again. Cheers!

0 Likes

Wonderful update, particularly for the high DPI support. I did find one glitch in high DPI support, which is triggered when dragging a window on macOS between a Retina-resolution monitor (e.g., an internal MacBook Pro monitor) and a regular monitor (e.g., an external iMac in Target Display Mode). The window changes to render either in the bottom quarter (drag high->low DPI) or 4x size (low->high). It can be fixed by just resizing the window a tad, which probably means there’s some handling missing for some sort of “changed monitor DPI” event, I would guess.

Hope that helps track it down, let me know if I can provide anything else! Meantime, :heart_eyes: on the updates to the look of things!

EDIT: No need to add extra noise to the topic here, but looks like dragging between monitors is all happy in the latest build.

0 Likes

Anyone else unable to get shell environment loading with Fish shell working? All I see in the console is:

no output from shell "/usr/local/bin/fish"
0 Likes