Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3127

I just love it when my day start with a ST release :slight_smile:

Everything is working so far. My file icons are a bit weird now, but I guess itā€™s due to the change in the pixel API.

@oivva did you looked into it ? (Iā€™m using your ā€œA file iconā€ plugin https://github.com/ihodev/a-file-icon)

Also the context-menu seems to appear a bit slower than before, not sure if itā€™s expected ?

0 Likes

Could someone post a screenshot of the new theme :blush:

0 Likes

Same here.

Still experiencing the empty sidebar issue.

Care for a screencast or something?

1 Like

Is there an option to change the rendering engine for the sidebar and tab labels back to gdi instead of the new DirectWrite?

2 Likes

+1. I prefer the old rendering method on Windows as well.

The new rendered text is too thin to see.
And adding "font_options": [ "gdi" ] to the preference wonā€™t has effect on the sidebar.

0 Likes

@gwenzek Confirmed. Iā€™ll fix this in the next release (approximately at the end of the month). Thatā€™s due to the change in the pixel API and rendering method.

1 Like

Thanks very much for the update!

The only problem I have is that when I use Goto Symbol on a markdown file, I no longer get a list of items that are marked with the pound sign.

To reproduce, create a new file, set syntax to Markdown. Add something like the following:

# Topic 1
# Topic 2

Run the Goto Symbol command. Before, ā€œTopic 1ā€ and ā€œTopic 2ā€ would appear in the list, but now nothing shows.

If I edit the file and save it, I see in the Indexing Status
window:

indexing [job 4]: spawning 1 workers to process 1 / 1 files
indexing [job 4]: indexed 1 files

so it looks like itā€™s indexing okay. I had Markdown Extended installed, I removed that package but still have the same issue. Other files like C# and Javascript work okay with Goto Symbol. Iā€™m on macOS El Capitan 10.11.6, Macbook Pro 2012.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Likes

For what itā€™s worth:

The issue with the empty side bar also happens from the command line and can be reproduced like this:

With View Open Files off:

$ subl . # empty side bar
$ # close sublime
$ subl # files now show up fine in side bar

With View Open Files on, the side bar always shows files the first time for me.

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

0 Likes

Issue with the sidebar is still present, additionally Iā€™ve encountered another issue with it. While I was creating a folder or a file, an irresponsive duplicate of one of the existing folders appeared. Itā€™s present in the side-bar tree view, but you canā€™t fold/unfold it, itā€™s just like an folder icon with its name. However there is no this directory (duplicate I mean) in the file system, so must be some buggy bug in ST3.

Please refer to the screenshot attached, duplicated folder is - web_app

0 Likes

@jps, @wbond, after playing with new version first of all I want to thank you for such a good release! :tada: Themes and icons look awesome. Also Iā€™m very happy with new theme and color scheme switchers. And special thanks for fixing UI issues, such as dpi scaling, font size/face related stuff! :heart:

3 Likes

Same problem here - I think it has only one navbar for now, the second project open wont be able to display the navbar

1 Like

Iā€™ve included a fix for headings in the Markdown symbol index in my PR here:

1 Like

Same here. It really whips the llamaā€™s ass :wink:

2 Likes

Is there an adaptive theme that has tabbars as that of Soda theme( i realize that the tabbar of that theme uses less real estate) ?

0 Likes

Another potential (minor) issue:

The task bar shows the old icon for me.

If I hover the mouse over the task bar icon, the thumbnail view that pops up shows the new icon in the windowā€™s title bar. The actual windowā€™s title bar also displays the new icon.

Iā€™ve logged off and back on, but I havenā€™t restarted after installation.

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

0 Likes

@guillermooo : i was having the same issue. I signed out and signed back in and it worked for me . You said that you have already done this , can you please try restrting your system ? I dont think this is a ST issueā€¦ I am on Win 10.

0 Likes

I wonā€™t go to the trouble now, but I suppose itā€™s a temporary thing, yes. Just wanted to point it out in case I forgot about it.

@jps What a restart wonā€™t fix is that the site is still using the old logo! :wink: (Iā€™ve Ctrl + F5ā€™d my browser a couple times.)

2 Likes

My themes (Seti, Seti_orig) are broken after update.
Is that expected with all the changes?

0 Likes

Seeing empty sidebars, empty folders and ā€œghostā€ icons here too. Switching themes seems to clear it temporarily. On MacOS 10.12.4.

Edit: seems to be mostly not rendering updates properly. Anything that triggers a re-render fixes it.

0 Likes

you can clear your taskbar/Windows Explorer icon cache to get it to update, without needing to log out of Windows:

2 Likes

Old Icon in System Bar (Windows)