Sublime Forum

Color Scheme Editor for Sublime

I built a color scheme editor for sublime using Angular.js and some HTML5 File APIs. It only works in Google Chrome though, since the HTML5 file apis are not implemented in other browsers yet.
You can drag and drop your color scheme on the page and start tweaking it to your hearts content.

Try it out here: tmtheme-editor.herokuapp.com/
the code is also available on github: github.com/aziz/tmTheme-Editor

http://a248.e.akamai.net/camo.github.com/41173d7778f610ef3cc0e73ecb5f684a9f438eaf/687474703a2f2f662e636c2e6c792f6974656d732f314c317530423252327832363148335a343031562f53637265656e25323053686f742e706e67

5 Likes

Modify / Customize Color Schemes
HTML code Monokai color scheme - can I make <!--#include tags look different to plain comments?
Color Scheme Editor not working
Better Python syntax highlighting?
Customizing syntax colors?
ST2 visual theme editor and more
Color Scheme Builder
Colorsublime.com (Sublimetext Themes Collection)

Damn man, that looks awesome! Good job!

0 Likes

Very nice. You should also allow the removal and addition of core settings stuff like gutter background and foreground. Some themes don’t have those defined, and when you upload the theme, you can’t add them either. Very good though. Thanks!

0 Likes

really impressive!!!
Look forward to new lang examples^

0 Likes

this is coming soon. it’s on my list

parsing tmLanguage files are really complex, but as you can see, I’m working on it on my spare time. the javascript REGEX is really limited and does not support a lot of expressions used in tmLanguage files. I might end up doing it on the server in ruby.

0 Likes

Whoa. This is incredible, and EXACTLY what I was hoping someone would create! GREAT JOB!

0 Likes

This is AMAZING!!!

0 Likes

Great! Now…how does one actually utilize this program?

0 Likes

Just go to the website…?

0 Likes

[quote=“adzenith”]

Just go to the website…?[/quote]

Well, yeah, but I was hoping to run standalone on my machine.

0 Likes

The page can totally work offline. You can not save the page since some of the HTML5 File APIs are not working on file:// protocol, but it neither does need any internet connection nor sends anything to the server. It’s all client side.

It’s possible to convert it to a chrome app in future but at the moment, it’s much easier and faster to deploy to a server on heroku.

0 Likes

[quote=“aziz”]The page can totally work offline. You can not save the page since some of the HTML5 File APIs are not working on file:// protocol, but it neither does need any internet connection nor sends anything to the server. It’s all client side.

It’s possible to convert it to a chrome app in future but at the moment, it’s much easier and faster to deploy to a server on heroku.[/quote]

Cool. Thanks, aziz.

0 Likes

Nice work on that. I don’t see any need for my color scheme CSS-like language that I was planning now, so good job on making my ToDo smaller and also providing a great utility.

Also, I remember seeing something with a similar interface before and it was some kind of a draft, but I can’t remember what its initial purpose was.

0 Likes

This is fantastic. What an incredibly efficient way to tweak my schemes to meet my particular needs. Thank you for sharing this.

0 Likes

Two possible suggestions if you haven’t thought of them already:

• User-specified syntax files
  • User-specified code snippets

Nice work. Well done.

0 Likes

It’s great! I like it a lot. It’s totally an online verison of Sublime Text.

0 Likes

Nice work. Thanks.

0 Likes

Did some small adjustments to your excellent tool using userstyles. Thought I could share it.

Link to Gist

http://media-cache-is0.pinimg.com/736x/28/36/64/28366497baf81a6107a81d4db8ccbce2.jpg

0 Likes

Hi - noticed this great color scheme editor webapp is not working anymore? It is not fully loading whereas it was working previously - has something changed and can the working version be restored?

0 Likes

Still works for me

0 Likes