Sublime Forum

"updating npm dependencies" every startup

Since I updated to sublime text 3 I noticed it hangs for many seconds when starting and shows the message “updating npm dependencies”. It is annoyingly slow, so I am sure something is wrong and can’t be just a feature. Also updating npm dependencies does not seem like something it w=should need to do on every startup.

Does anyone know what is causing this problem or how it could be fixed?
IT could have nothing to do with node also, I just know that it hangs on startup for a while each time and displays that message.

Thanks for any help

0 Likes

Updataing npm dependencies

what plugins do you have installed? it must be one of those

0 Likes

It seems so. I removed docblocker and javascript completions.
I think it was probably the latter, but it starts up fine now.
Thanks

0 Likes

Javascript Completions seems to consist entirely of hacks. I’m not surprised at all.

0 Likes

It would be nice if Package Control had a rating system. I’m sure I’m not the first one to suggest it.

4 Likes

Agreed. Would definitely increase the quality of packages out there, which can only be a good thing for the community.

0 Likes

I commented out everything under the checkUpgrade() function in installer.py in the package to disable the startup.

It does have useful completions, so I will try using it with the startup disabled, but I can tell it’s doing a lot of stuff especially after looking at the package.

I will look for an alternative, if anyone knows a good one let me know, thanks.

0 Likes