Sublime Forum

Unfold diff

It would be very good to have a possibility to unfold unchanged sections of a diff. For example, in Gitlab there is a button on each fold that says “show unchanged lines”. This would be a good compliment to the currently implemented “push up”/“push down” mouse actions.

1 Like

“push up”/“push down” is this?

1 Like

Yes, exactly. My proposal is to have an option to show all lines above until the next diff or file start. (Likewise in downward direction.) Maybe by double-clicking on the fold? This is at least something I have tried.

0 Likes

Just noted that this request is related to Is it possible to collapse or expand the diff?. It is not asking for the same thing to my understanding.

0 Likes

Hi @fdr,

Thanks for sharing this feedback!
For the meantime, you can currently double click on the edges of the context to expand it.

Kind regards,
- Dylan

0 Likes

Cool, I didn’t know about this! It is nearly what I was thinking about.

0 Likes

Interesting, looks like you have implemented the push up push down as jfcherng shows in his gif.

It would be nice if there was a fold button / arrow as well (as there is in that gif) to expand the entire region for quickly showing the region.
Showing some indicator that you can push up / push down would also help with feature discovery, it took me locating this post to discover how I might see what was inside the unchanged portion. Perhaps when you mouse over and your cursor changes make the divider become a transparent gradient showing the text above and have some kind of indicator that you can drag it up.

1 Like

@ianhd, here is a related enhancement request:

0 Likes

This resolved now, see linked github issue.

0 Likes