Sublime Forum

Undo "Ignore Always" when underlying file changed

Specifically I think i am referring to the option pictured here Ignore All when unsaved changes and file changed on disk is not helpful!

There is says “ignore all” but I think for me it said “always”. Maybe the text changed, or maybe II am remembering wrong. Or maybe it is a different popup. Not sure.

What happened is just that I clicked the “ignore always” button completely by accident, and I want to undo that. I do not want to ignore if the underlying file changes. How do I undo it?

I checked my settings, and couldn’t find anything in there to change this.

0 Likes

I do not know for sure what setting I changed, or whether it was a file-specific setting or not. Also, I don’t know where file-specific settings are saved.

0 Likes

I was able to reproduce it. A file changed on the disk, and I clicked “Always Ignore”:

30%E2%80%AFPM

0 Likes

And now whenever the file (and only that file) changes on the disk, it is ignored. The issue is that I expect to have a simple way to reverse this setting I accidentially clicked, but I do not see any way to do that.

0 Likes

It seems that simply closing and re-opening the tab reverses this file-specific setting, based on my tests. I hope I am understanding correctly, and if so I think this is resolved.

0 Likes

Specifically, per the following post, clicking this option sets a specific setting in that one view. Closing and reopening the file clears all view specific settings, so that is indeed a solution.

You could also open the console while that view is selected and enter view.settings().erase("reload_file_on_change") to erase the setting, create a plugin or key binding which does that, add a menu item, etc if you would like (we can provide assistance with that if you need it).

1 Like

Thank you for confirming. I am all set!

0 Likes