Sublime Forum

SublimeText 3 (3176) doesn't open network files (samba share over OpenVPN)

Hi all!
Have been using Sublime3 on Windows and several Linux distro’s and have not seen this problem before.
This concerns Sublime 3 (build 3176). Installed the .deb through the recommended method. Running it on Devuan (which is more or less Debian 9, but withoud systemd).

I have an OpenVPN connection to my server and have made a network drive in my filemanager (Caja, which I also used on Solus linux without a problem) to a samba share.

When I have a file there, say, index.html, I rightclick and ‘open with’ and select sublime. Sublime opens but doesn’t fetch the file. Opening the file from within Sublime doesn’t work either.
I can open the file when I put it on a local drive. I can also open the file from the samba share with other applications.

Really weird. Has anybody else encountered this (and more important: solved it)?

Thanx.
Marcel

0 Likes

Also created a webdav connection without the openvpn. And Sublime also can’t read files from that drive.
So weird. All the other editors I can throw at it, just open these files perfectly.

0 Likes

0 Likes

Hi, thanx. I will try that. But the thing is, I have never needed to do that. Other Linux distro’s with same desktop (MATE) and filemanager (Caja) from which I create the network connection to the files, have had no such problem. Other desktops neither.

0 Likes