Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 3 scrolling too fast

Sublime Text 3 scrolls too fast on Windows. Even after adjusting settings to a scroll_speed of 0.1 it makes no difference. Please help

0 Likes

Touchpad scroll is too fast

this is with a mouse scroll wheel?

0 Likes

with a touchpad - double-finger scrolling

0 Likes

Bump.

I came here for this exact issue. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 320. Every “scroll” moves the scroller by 4 lines, whether my “scroll_speed” is set to 2.0, 1.0, or 0.1. If I lower my system scroll speed config using my built-in driver (Elan Smart-Pad), it works, but then my scroll speed in other apps becomes unbearably slow.

0 Likes

I have the same issue on a Lenovo Yoga 710. Maybe it only affects Lenovo computers? It doesn’t show up on any other computer I’ve used (mostly HP), and it doesn’t happen when I’m using a mouse with a scroll wheel.

0 Likes

Typically the scroll setting is controlled by Windows - however some devices do overwrite the setting and use their own method… Touch devices may do this on older versions of Windows - however Windows 10 is very touch friendly… I don’t know what you’re using so I’ll assume Win10… If you’re using another, specify here please!

Try editing the setting in Settings > Devices > Mouse > Choose how may lines to scroll each time…

OR

Choose the appropriate device from the list and alter the scrolling method… I’m on a 4k monitor and typically set my scrolling speed anywhere from 8 to 25 - on 1080p I used 3… I only use as low as 8 because some applications have scroll-smoothing which causes issues, or they scroll way too much as they automatically adjust scrolling when most apps don’t…

0 Likes

Has this question been answered? I’ve been looking all over, and I haven’t found a solution that helped. If anyone knows, I’ll appreciate it greatly. Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi there, I’ve had the exact same problem until found this post on reddit. It has fixed my problem. I have Lenovo Ideapad with ELAN touchpad driver (Windows 10).

In case above reddit link is unavailable, here’s the solution:

1. Open regedit.exe using run
  2. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> SOFTWARE -> Elantech -> Smartpad
  3. Change ScrollControl_Mode from 0 to 1
  4. Open the elan software and click apply just to make sure the settings get applied

This is a fix for ELAN software users, for others idk, try to replicate similar steps for your software. Hope it helps you.

2 Likes

Touchpad scrolling fast

@gtchkoidze This worked for me! THANKS!

0 Likes

This worked for me as well. Thank you so much.

0 Likes

I also have a Lenovo laptop that had the same issue, this preinstalled SmartTouchpad must be the issue. Thanks for the thread, it worked.

0 Likes