Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 3.1

i’ve already download it, and then again i am not satisfied why? because it doesn’t do the automatic closing like, when i type table it must be already has the closing and also the "<?php?> it has no automatic closing declaration tsk!!

0 Likes

yes it does… perhaps you have a third party plugin installed that is interfering with the HTML completions?

also php Tab will give you <?php ?> - if you want it so that typing <? will autocomplete php ?> then just add a keybinding for it, ST is very customizable…

maybe something like:

{ "keys": ["?"], "command": "insert_snippet", "args": {
            "contents": "?php $1 ?>$0"
        },
        "context": [
            { "key": "following_text", "operator": "regex_match", "operand": "\\s*$", "match_all": true },
            { "key": "preceding_text", "operator": "regex_match", "operand": "^.*<$", "match_all": true },
            { "key": "selection_empty", "operator": "equal", "operand": true, "match_all": true },
            { "key": "selector", "operator": "equal", "operand": "embedding.php text.html.basic - source.php", "match_all": true },
        ],
    },
0 Likes

After updating to latest version, while building .cpp file I get following error message sometimes, though the build finishes successfully:

By replacing the Default/exec.py with Default/exec.py of build 3143 the error becomes fixed. I am in ubuntu 16.04.

0 Likes

I’d like the new features, but call me strange, but I feel reluctant to update, since the icon is still that hideous pseudo-nazi symbol, instead of the pleasant button-S. I know I can change it, but it’s a hassle I shouldn’t have to go through. At minimum it should be part of the already quite generous customization settings offered by the editor. It’s part of my work environment, and I really don’t like feeling forced to look at such an offensive symbol every day.

0 Likes

Thank you so much! That was fast.
I can see the code changes in the repo. Is there a way for me to merge that change into my current install? I notice it’s compiled into a different format after the build process. So I’m not really sure if I can make it work, or need to wait for the next Sublime Text release.

I may go back to the previous version if not.

I don’t do Node development yet. I’m only vaguely familiar with the process.

0 Likes

the readme in the root folder of the git repo contains instructions for applying changes manually

0 Likes

Oh… uh… rtfm eh? Thanks. Sorry about that. :roll_eyes:

0 Likes

Don’t sweat it. Getting the packages on GitHub up and running locally can be quite the hassle. The key ingredient is that zipped packages in the Installed Packages are overridden by packages of the same name in the Packages folder. Knowing this, you can clone the repo where you would normally clone repos and make symlinks in your Packages folder to the appropriate folders.

Of course you can also go the portable-setup route.

0 Likes

on windows since sublime 3.1, opening the same file but with a different drive letter case doesn’t jump to the previously open file, but adds another open files buffer for the new drive letter case, say d:\ and D:
this happens for example when using ctags go to definition

2 Likes

using subl behaves correctly, but window.open_file doesn’t (tested on build 3175 on Win7 x64)

>>> window.open_file(r'd:\tmp\test.txt').id()
>>> window.open_file(r'D:\tmp\test.txt').id()

also, the file path shown in the tab title is missing the : when it duplicates:

related:

0 Likes

Files open to multiple tabs due to case in path

I guess the “subl” you talk about is what ctags uses that misbehaves.
I’m not going to fix ctags for sublime. I tried using the built-in popup window for go to defintion and references instead,
however, that one has now indexed files of both drive letter casings.
So that database needs to be deleted/cleared somehow, somewhere.
edit: delete this: C:\Users\youruser\AppData\Local\Sublime Text 3\Index

0 Likes

Thank you Keith for your post about the problem with different case for the drive letters, my ‘goto-next-error’ function was opening the same file in multiple windows and I would end up modifying different parts of the file in different windows and lose changes.

I was going a bit crazy !

0 Likes

The problem I’m having is that CL.EXE when failing a compile of c++ prints the path with a lowercase d:, but sublime’s goto definition/reference goes to D:.

0 Likes

if there was a way to replace the standard
“file_regex”: “^ ([A-z]:.)([)]”,
with something that translates the driver letter to uppercase, that would work.

0 Likes