Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 3.1

Same here. :frowning:

macOS 10.13.4

My multi-line paste only pastes to the last line selected :weary:

I command + D to a bunch of lines, and then command + V and it only replaces the last selection.

0 Likes

I guess it’s still not possible to do a good relative-numbers extension

0 Likes

With the update, script type text/template is not highlighted as HTML any more.

0 Likes

That’s with vue right? Already reported and probably something that could/should be fixed in the vue syntax package.

0 Likes

After updating to 3.1, in windows 7, 32 bit i cannot copy paste any text. Ctrl + V is really not working.
After checking console it gives
command: paste
Unable to extract text from the clipboard, available formats: CF_UNICODETEXT, sublime-text-extra, CF_LOCALE, CF_TEXT, CF_OEMTEXT

0 Likes

With libraries such as Vue, Ractive etc. In previous version no additional package was needed to handle this.
All content inside <script type="text/* tag was syntax highlighted correctly.

0 Likes

It either isn’t 3.1 or they made a poo-poo with versioning:

0 Likes

Please see https://github.com/sublimehq/Packages/issues/1543#issuecomment-387423680 for more discussion.

0 Likes

nice update

0 Likes

Formatting has changed for me. I’m trying to figure out what changes to my settings and PHP settings will fix it but no luck so far.
When I have if statements that conclude, the code following is further indented. After a bunch of discreet if statements my code is unreadable.

0 Likes

The changelog mentions “goto references” in the “goto” menu but I don’t see anything there. What are they are how do they work?

0 Likes

How can I rollback to previous sublime version? 3.1 seems to be quite unstable. I want to get back to 3143. I’m using Ubuntu 16.04. I tried
sudo apt-get install sublime-text=3143

But it outputs:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Version '3143' for 'sublime-text' was not found
0 Likes

I’ve created a PR to fix the PHP indentation regression here:

0 Likes

You’ll have to go to the download page and copy the .deb download URL and change the version 3143.

0 Likes

Where can I find those deb URLs? Wasn’t it changed some time ago, that you now download using apt-get instead of deb? Cause I remember there was an option to download .deb files, but now I can’t find it.

0 Likes

Sorry, apparently the direct download links didn’t get added to the main Download page, only the dev page. If you go to https://www.sublimetext.com/3dev and click “Direct Downloads”, you should be able to find a URL in the form you need and then change the URL.

I’d have to revisit the repo scripts at some point to see what would have to be done to try and support having the last couple of dev/stable builds available in the repos.

1 Like

It might be useful to stick with 3170 and feedback the nature of your issue here, which could well be related to a specific package, configuration or other issue. Doing so helps Sublime improve and may help other users. Also, in many respects 3170 has improved upon 3143.

I’ve found 3170 as stable as 3143, at least so far.

0 Likes

Goto Definition and Goto Reference work with classes, functions and methods in appropriate languages. Goto def will take you to where your function is defined, and Goto ref will take you to where the function is called.

It’d be lovely to see this support variables as well.

:slight_smile:

0 Likes

It’d be lovely to see this support variables as well.

This is somewhat syntax-specific. For most languages, the added noise (by cluttering the search space) isn’t worth it. For some other languages which blur the lines between functions and variables (such as Haskell, Scala, etc), variables are already included in the search index.

It is worth noting though that if you really want this functionality, you can achieve it locally by overriding the settings for the language in question and adding additional scopes to the index.

0 Likes

Fair points. It’s something I miss from other editors when working on bigger projects. For example PHPstorm and Android Studio. It’s useful to quickly type-check vars by inspecting their definition, and also quickly finding references to where vars are used. I wonder could your points be alleviated by providing (project or syntax specific) options for functions/classes, variables, all, with an additional prefix in the results to allow quick filtering (eg. var, fun, cls).

Slightly related, I noticed that goto def / ref doesn’t always play nice with Jump Back / Forward cursor position (Alt+-, Alt+Shift+- in windows) . Could someone confirm?

0 Likes