Sublime Forum

Sublime hangs on OSX

Sublime started to hang yesterday.
I had not made any changes or upgrades.

I do have the license installed and am on the latest version.
I tried to update after the hanging started but it looks like I’m on the latest version already.
It’s build 3126

This topic:

recommends to delete ~/.config/Sublime Text 3/Cache and ~/.config/Sublime Text 3/Index
But the directory “Sublime Text 3” does not exist in ~/.config on the mac.

I’m using Mac OS 10.11.6
I attached the error log that is generated when I have to “force quit” sublime because it’s not responding.

Please advise.
I rely on Sublime in the hot phase of a project and this hang issue hampers my productivity now that I need it the most.

0 Likes

Under MacOS, the Data directory is stored at ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3, so you can find the related directories there.

Note also that even if you didn’t manually upgrade anything, if you have any packages installed via PackageControl, it could have upgraded one of them for you which could potentially cause a problem.

If the above doesn’t solve your problem you can try following the instructions here to see the problem persists with a clean installation. If the problem goes away you can try disabling all of your installed packages and then selectively enabling them again one by one to see if you can pinpoint which one might be causing the problem.

0 Likes