Sublime Forum

ST3 crashes frequently since Build 3124

I’m also brazilian and experiencing the same problem.

0 Likes

Hey guys, created an account here just so I could join and help out saying that I never had problems with sublime, but since last update I can’t use it anymore because it freezes no matter what I do. I’m also from Brazil

0 Likes

Are you guys using the x86 version or the x64?

0 Likes

I’m curious if you have trouble with Build 3119? The build after this we added some fixes for Unicode and Python issues, however that should really only affect plugin_host.exe, and not sublime_text.exe.

For anyone who is having this problem with Sublime Text, the three most useful bits of information would be:

1. Does the portable version work when installed in a path with only ASCII characters?
  2. What is your %APPDATA% folder name (enter this into the Explorer address bar)? Does it contain non-ASCII characters?
  3. Does the 32bit version work, but the 64bit not?
0 Likes

Having the same problems described here and I am from Brazil too.

1a. Portable 64bits version crashes when installed in C:\stx64.
1b. Portable 32bits version DOES NOT crash when installed in C:\st3x32.
2. %APPDATA% = C:\Users\WinMac\AppData\Roaming
3. Installed x32 version (not portable) and it works. Only x64 version crashes.

Removed all installed versions and did this to check some more info:

Can’t really say witch was the last version I was running because I uninstalled everything after the upgrade and crashing problems. Removed all installed versions, including Sublime AppData files. Installed Build 3119 64bits. After installing the “Enter License” showed up but when mouse moved to the window, it crashed. So the Build 3119 64bits does not work too. Uninstalled this build (with all files). Installed Build 3114 64bits and it crashed. Uninstalled.

Other info:

• When running ST3 64bit as administrator, it doesn’t crash. But we can’t open files with file associations. We need to go to “File > Open”.
1 Like

I tried every tip discussed here, cleaning sublime files, changing directory, different builds etc … but nothing worked. After @addons_zz post I decided to try the x86 version and so far it is working without a problem, but the problems persists with the x64 versions (which I was using until now )

0 Likes

Sublime it's closing itself. Build 3126 (Windows)

Can you answer the questions I posted above? I’m trying to figure out if there is anything in common with users having trouble with the x64 build.

0 Likes

1- No, the portable x64 does not work running on a path like c:\sub64
2- C:\Users\Vianhellsing\AppData\Roaming
3- Yes the 32bit version is working without any problem

0 Likes

Crash BUG of 3126
Sublime freezes and crashes on start (Build 3126, Win10 64, Registered)

it’s works!!!

0 Likes

I figured out! thanks @oivva

My Evn: Arch Linux x86_64, sublime-text-dev 3126

Mac and Windows details see here

0. Close Sublime Text

1. Try to remove these folders:

~/.config/Sublime Text 3/Cache
    ~/.config/Sublime Text 3/Index

2. Try to remove these files:

~/.config/Sublime Text 3/Local/Session.sublime_session

3. Create new workspace for your project.

4. if you using `Markdown Extended` package, remove or ignore it in setting

AKA, clean Cash & Index, forbidden Markdown Extend, and re-built your Project workspace

BTW, MarkdownFootnotes could be substitution !

0 Likes

Error after update

Galera meu pc ficou todo bugado com a nova atualização do windows 10 de aniversário… tanto o Sublime quanto o Atom dão problemas… o Filezilla esses tempos também travou, estava utilizando a versão de 64bits estava travando passei para o de 32 no filezilla e melhorou… mas o restante está tudo dando problema… já formatei o pc e instalei do zero direto no build de aniversário… certeza que o problema vem dai…

0 Likes

So:

1. You used the Sublime Text x86 version and it do not worked?
  2. Try the x86 portable version running from your desktop.
0 Likes

this is not the problem, i’m still using windows 7 … it’s something else

0 Likes

Do you tried these things, and it is not working?

0 Likes

I don’t know what is happening then…

0 Likes

Seeing the Brazilian “coincidence” of this issue, we came to our usual suspect: Internet Banking plugins :frowning:

After the removal of “Diebold Warsaw” nothing has changed (except my overall system performance :sunglasses: )

In my case, the bad guy was “G Buster Browser Defense” (gbpsv.exe)

Can someone please confirm the same behaviour that I had on my machine after the g buster’s uninstall?

1 Like

Worked for me.

0 Likes

Hello all,

Sublime Text keeps crashing all the time, and this occurs with many PC we have. How can I identify where this comes from and fix it? I’ve tried downgrading the softwre, removing the cache, using the Portable version, changing from 64 to 32 bits… nothing seems to work :frowning:

Thank you in advance for your help

0 Likes

1. Are you use a clean/vanilla install?
  2. If not disable to perform a clean install and test if it is working: Complete clean install proceedings
  3. If not, to reset your Sublime Text to a clean state and see if it stills crashing: Reverting to a clean state (backup your data)
0 Likes

Seeing the Brazilian “coincidence” of this issue, we came to our usual suspect: Internet Banking plugins

After the removal of “Diebold Warsaw” nothing has changed (except my overall system performance )

In my case, the bad guy was “G Buster Browser Defense” (gbpsv.exe)

Can someone please confirm the same behaviour that I had on my machine after the g buster’s uninstall?

I confirmed the software trusteer-rapport hangs Sublime Text x64 indefinitely on Windows 8.1. Thanks MauricioPorto.

When I removed it, Sublime Text x64 worked perfectly. Version 3126.

1 Like