Sublime Forum

[SOLVED] I have to do Ctrl+H+H to bring up Find & Replace

Hi,

For some weird reason I have to tap ‘H’ twice when doing Find & Replace. If I just do Ctrl+H, nothing happens.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Please do the same as described in Cut and Paste Problem ST3.

0 Likes

Thanks, I installed the FindKeyConflicts plugin, and there was a conflict due to the hextoASCII plugin. Removing this plugin fixed the problem.

0 Likes

I have the same problem, the same plugin, and i solved, thanks at your post, i see the problem, finally i unpackage the plugin hextoascii, with instruction by the plugin PackageResourceViewer, “Extract package” and changed the shotcurts keys, in the user folder the file “Default (Linux).sublime-keymap”

how to extract open the control package, ctrl+shit+p = control package, search for PackageResourceViewer and choose Extract

from
[
{“keys”: [“ctrl+”][“ctrl+h”], “command”: “ascii_to_hex”},
{“keys”: [“ctrl+h”][“ctrl+”], “command”: “hex_to_ascii”}
]

to
[
{“keys”: [“ctrl+shift+h”], “command”: “ascii_to_hex”},
{“keys”: [“ctrl+alt+h”], “command”: “hex_to_ascii”}
]

the path folder under ubuntu linux is “/home/user/.config/sublime-text-3/Packages/hextoASCII/Default (Linux).sublime-keymap”

Greetings

0 Likes

You should create an issue on the package’s repository to complain about the default key bindings kind of overriding an ST default binding (and a rather popular one at that). It’s not entirely overriding because the original can still be used, but it’s the beginning of a key chord and ST will wait until the next key combination has been pressed to determine which binding you meant to run.

0 Likes