Sublime Forum

Cut and Paste Problem ST3

Hi there,
I am experiencing a problem that just recently appeared (for reasons currently unknown) that is making me pound my desk. The keyboard shortcut ctrl-x no longer cuts the selected text unless I press it twice in a row. However, ctrl-v then does not paste it.

I have performed a search of the packages folder and then the entire sublime text folder for ctrl-x to see if I could spot anything stealing the shortcut but have not spotted anything. Any suggestions?

Whilst I can copy, delete, then paste I have 20 or more years of programming finger memory here which is hard to override.

Thanks

Jon

0 Likes

[SOLVED] I have to do Ctrl+H+H to bring up Find & Replace

Enter sublime.log_commands(True); sublime.log_input(True) in the console, perform the key chord (first once, then twice) and post the output.

0 Likes

Thanks for responding.

Single ctrl-x:

Double xtrl-x:

[quote]Key evt: control+x
Key evt: control+x
command: cut[/quote]

(selection disappears)

Single ctrl-v:

[quote]Key evt: control+v
command: cut
command: paste[/quote]

I am getting other errors pointing out problems:

[quote]Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_plugin.py”, line 535, in run_
return self.run()
File “git_gutter in C:\Users\jonh\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Installed Packages\GitGutter.sublime-package”, line 32, in run
File “view_collection in C:\Users\jonh\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Installed Packages\GitGutter.sublime-package”, line 55, in untracked
File “git_gutter_handler in C:\Users\jonh\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Installed Packages\GitGutter.sublime-package”, line 180, in untracked
File “git_gutter_handler in C:\Users\jonh\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Installed Packages\GitGutter.sublime-package”, line 196, in handle_files
File “git_gutter_handler in C:\Users\jonh\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Installed Packages\GitGutter.sublime-package”, line 261, in run_command
File “./subprocess.py”, line 824, in init
File “./subprocess.py”, line 1118, in _execute_child
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified[/quote]

I will check out gitgutter

0 Likes

So there is a problem that the ctrl-v does a cut and paste, so it seemingly cuts nothing then pastes it.

0 Likes

I have removed the git-related plugins so those errors have gone but the problem remains.

If I cut with the mouse then ctrl-v works fine.

0 Likes

There seems to be something weird about your key bindings. Potentially a package (or you) are overriding the ctrl+x and ctrl+v bindings.

Install packagecontrol.io/packages/Edit%20Preferences to check for where these bindings could be overridden.

0 Likes