Sublime Forum

Sidebar Icon Loading Spinners

I get a loading spinner next to each of my sidebar folder icons (Using Soda Light Theme). The only time it goes away is when i expand and collapse the directory. Upon quitting and relaunching ST3, the loading spinners are back.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

0 Likes

Latest dev update interferes wiexisting custom sidebar icons
Build 3062: Folder Icon misalignment

[quote=“phaygo”]I get a loading spinner next to each of my sidebar folder icons (Using Soda Light Theme). The only time it goes away is when i expand and collapse the directory. Upon quitting and relaunching ST3, the loading spinners are back.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?[/quote]

Yeah, I get this too.

Try switching back to the original theme and see if it happens still?

0 Likes

Yes, resetting the theme to the default one fix the issue.
Another issue with sidebar icons and custom themes is that file’s icons are not shown, and if you collapse reopen the main project folder, then ALL the icons are gone (using Afterglow theme, but I suppose this happens with Soda/Phoenix/etc too)…

I suppose all themes will have to be updated to support this new feature…

0 Likes

FWIW, I had the same issue (with the same theme). Switching to the default theme resolved this and other issues with the features of 3062 build.

0 Likes

Yes. All themes need updating.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7323096/icons.zip

These are the default icons that all themes will need. They’re stored in an icons folder.

0 Likes

Is there any way to disable this new behavior in ST3?

0 Likes

Not that I can see, I’m afraid.

0 Likes

[quote=“jbrooksuk”]

Not that I can see, I’m afraid.[/quote]

Create a [theme-name].sublime-theme file in your “packages/User/” dir (e.g. Spacegray.sublime-theme or Default.sublime-theme) and add the following to it:

{ "class": "icon_file_type", "content_margin": [0,0] }, { "class": "icon_folder", "content_margin": [0,0] }, { "class": "icon_folder_loading", "content_margin": [0,0] }, ]

I’m a fan of the of the simplicity of having just an arrow for folders and nothing for files. I can read file extensions just fine :smile: hopefully he’ll add a simple flag to disable the feature in the settings file.

0 Likes

[quote=“josephlarson”]

Create a [theme-name].sublime-theme file in your “packages/User/” dir (e.g. Spacegray.sublime-theme or Default.sublime-theme) and add the following to it:[/quote]

Genius!

0 Likes

[quote=“josephlarson”]

Create a [theme-name].sublime-theme file in your “packages/User/” dir (e.g. Spacegray.sublime-theme or Default.sublime-theme) and add the following to it:

{ "class": "icon_file_type", "content_margin": [0,0] }, { "class": "icon_folder", "content_margin": [0,0] }, { "class": "icon_folder_loading", "content_margin": [0,0] }, ]

I’m a fan of the of the simplicity of having just an arrow for folders and nothing for files. I can read file extensions just fine :smile: hopefully he’ll add a simple flag to disable the feature in the settings file.[/quote]

If I could hug you, I would.

0 Likes

This worked perfectly for me. The only thing I did different was put back icon_file_type. Thank you so much for the easy fix!

Of O

[quote=“josephlarson”]

I’m a fan of the of the simplicity of having just an arrow for folders and nothing for files. I can read file extensions just fine :smile: hopefully he’ll add a simple flag to disable the feature in the settings file.[/quote]

0 Likes

There was a missing rule in the fallback theme for 3062 that causes folders to have the loading spinner turned on by default. I’ll fix the fallback theme for 3063. In the mean time, as long as a custom theme provides rules for the “icon_folder” class, the issue won’t appear.

0 Likes

[quote=“josephlarson”]

Thank you! This was exactly what I was hoping for!

0 Likes

I forked the Soda Light theme to support the new sidebar icons. You can get it here: https://github.com/pryley/soda-theme
@jps - I also fixed the following non-retina icons that were blurry:

• folder.png

• folder_open.png

• file_type_image.png

0 Likes

[quote=“pryley”]I forked the Soda Light theme to support the new sidebar icons. You can get it here: https://github.com/pryley/soda-theme

• folder.png

• folder_open.png

• file_type_image.png
    [/quote]

Thank you for this! But small problem: on my Retina MBP, the icon for a folder is a block with alternating red/orange vertical stripes. Any ideas on how to fix?

0 Likes

[quote=“aberrant”]

• folder.png

• folder_open.png

• file_type_image.png

Thank you for this! But small problem: on my Retina MBP, the icon for a folder is a block with alternating red/orange vertical stripes. Any ideas on how to fix?[/quote]

Found the fix: had to rename “soda-theme” in Packages/ to “Theme - Soda” (after removing the “official” one).

0 Likes