Sublime Forum

RTL Support?

Hey,
Me and my team are interested in purchasing Sublime but after giving it a try we’ve encountered an issue with RTL languages.

We wanted to know if support for that is planned and whether or not there’s an estimated time for implementation,
as without it it’s a complete no-go for us.

Thanks!

2 Likes

https://forum.sublimetext.com/search?q=RTL

0 Likes

And what are you saying exactly?
There aren’t any serious replies to this bug.

It’s a necessity for developers who are working with RTL languages, therefore I’d like to refer to it as a bug and not a feature request, luckily we found out about it before purchasing 15 licenses.

We are still interested but we would like to receive a serious response to whether or not this will be fixed.

0 Likes

Never mind, just a reminder. Hope that this post get an official yes/no reply so users don’t have to waste their time investigating this. But most of bug reports/feature requests won’t get an official reply as you can see.

Plus, I heard that sending a mail to sales@sublimetext.com mostly get a reply. (Although it reads “sale” but not “tech support.”) Some people did send mail to ask whether ST is abandoned or not when Jon disappeared. Maybe you can give it a try if you think no one did it before (I don’t know).

0 Likes

Thank you for the information, we’ll make sure to send an email regarding the case.

Please don’t lock the thread as we’ll report back here in a couple of days anyway, even if they don’t respond to us.

0 Likes

. https://github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues/109

0 Likes

You sure like replying with that link, huh?
Read a few comments above and realize that we’re willing to receive a proper response for the matter.

And back on topic - we still haven’t heard back after sending an email to sales@sublimetext.com.

0 Likes

[quote=“danniebee, post:7, topic:18328”]
You sure like replying with that link, huh?
[/quote] If Im sure ? what kind of question is that? I reply with that thread/link so people can know, that this has been requested many times ad provides some insight, of other people desiring the same thing. If they reply or do not reply to you, I don’t care, this has been asked lot of times you don’t need a new thread for it. Not even complete support for LTR languages has been added. Good luck

0 Likes

Yes, this has been asked many times before, and how many proper answers have we gotten so far?
None.

So I believe that if a software developer wants to be taken seriously, a proper reply for a serious matter such as this one is required.

Anyhow, we received a response to our email, it says:

Thanks for your email.

Unfortunately at this time Sublime Text does not support RTL languages.

Cheers

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Sadly, due to the crappy support & community, we’ll simply let go of Sublime, we thought it could be a proper choice for an entire team, but with such attitude the idea of giving you guys a single penny disgusts me.

Thanks but no thanks.

0 Likes

That’s not true you saying non-sense. Jon replied to this more than once and you just received a reply.

Wish you well in your endeavors elsewhere.

0 Likes

Did he? well then link us if you want to be helpful for a change because I and probably many others have been looking to find nothing at all.

0 Likes

I thought you leaving.

0 Likes

That’s exactly what I mean’t by referring to this as a crappy community, if you know of useful information for anyone willing to find an answer for this topic, why would you link people elsewhere?

Yes, I’m leaving, but I’m not the only one looking for RTL support and I bet people paid for the product to realize that only after.

But no, obviously you don’t care about the community, little troll.

0 Likes

I replied to that already, you trolling and saying nonsense because you not even read what we linked.

So close the door is getting cold.

0 Likes

Yep, let’s end it at that.

I believe that this thread is really good for showing people that they should highly consider other editors before throwing their money on Sublime.

I feel sorry for whoever already paid though.

I’d also like to thank you tito for being very helpful.

Cheers!

0 Likes

Cheers …

1 Like

I’ll update you guys that we’ve received another response to our email, this time it sheds light on the topic for… the near future at least.

We have no plans to support RTL in the near future.

Cheers

Sales Team
Sublime HQ PTY LTD

So whoever wants RTL support, look elsewhere as it probably won’t ever get to Sublime.

0 Likes

Their answear didn’t change for years
As someone who uses RTL a lot. (an Israeli writes Hebrew!)
Whenever I want to understand RTL code I move to Microsoft’s Visual studio code!
Microsoft wins this battle , (Euro’s style :wink:
They simply support and care for RTL users, with all my sympathy to sublime.

How it looks:

0 Likes

I have purchased a licenses but lack of RTL is becoming a problem for me. I’m starting to switch to visual studio code. I have to say if you’re not adding RTL to the program do not expect some users like me to recommend your app. It’s been so long and after release of last version recently it seems you’re ignoring the request. What’s that about?

1 Like

0 Likes