Sublime Forum

Remove syntax highlight (red wavy underlines everywhere)

It all worked correctly for years before today.
But now every word in my vue components has red wavy underline:

It’s impossible to work. How to get rid of it?

1 Like

uninstall whatever plugin is adding those wavy lines…

0 Likes

Did you enable the spell checker? See in the view menu (or press F6 to toggle).

1 Like

When spell checking is turned on, there is an indication in the status line next to where the encoding shows (if you have that turned on) that tells you how many misspellings there are, but the screenshot in the OP doesn’t show that.

As such as @kingkeith suggests, it seems like there is perhaps a third party package (linter maybe?) that is doing favours.

0 Likes

I’ve tried uninstalling all linters, even (SublimeLinter) and also uninstalled any VueJS syntax highlighting packages but the red wavy lines still remained. They till show up even when I set the syntax of .vue file to “Plain Text”, so I don’t think this is a syntax highlight issue.

I believe there may be an update to a system package that is causing the issue. However, I am not sure how to find the root cause of the issue.

0 Likes

For what it’s worth, although I run my Sublime very lean w/regards to packages installed, I started seeing this happen last week on the machine where I have the Microsoft TypeScript package installed. I suspect that they pushed a change recently that is making the package generate spurious errors.

2 Likes

Unwanted underlines in Vue components

Yes, I can confirm. Everything is fine after removing Microsoft’s Typescript package.

3 Likes

Yep! I confirm this too!

0 Likes

@wbond created a GitHub issue about this. See https://github.com/Microsoft/TypeScript-Sublime-Plugin/issues/703 to track progress.

0 Likes

The problem has gone by itself after removing all plugins, reloading and reinstalling everything. But I had not Microsoft typescript package installed. My full list of packages is: Sass, Stylus, Vue Syntax Highlight, FileIcons, sublime-boxy-theme, Package Control.

0 Likes