Sublime Forum

Plugin Development Chat Group?

I read about other places like this forum to exchange about Sublime Text?
(I can not find it anymore.)

Is there maybe any IRC node or else with a focus on Plugin Development?
(If so it would also be good to put this link somewhere more prominent.)

Eventually, this could supplement this forum well when I have just minor questions to ask
about plugin development.

0 Likes

Yes, there is a Discord chat server and it has a channel for plugin dev.

0 Likes

It should be advertised more here on the forum :wink:

0 Likes

Thanks @jfcherng. This was the one I read about.

So, this is the best place for chatting about plugin development or is there an IRC group which is more suited for this topic?

@rwols Yes, this should be advertised more. I guess this question will have not come up the last time!

0 Likes

In my personal experience, the official IRC ( irc://irc.freenode.net/sublimetext ) is less active than the Discord one.

As I know, official chat servers are only on IRC and on Discord. So the Discord server is the best place to discuss that.

0 Likes

As I know, official chat servers are only on IRC and on Discord. So the Discord server is the best place to discuss that.

Thanks for this definitive answer. It saved me the hassle of signing up for both!

0 Likes

Neither of these services requires a sign up, although one should consider using a specific account for Discord since members persist while offline, whereas in IRC you leave a chat room for an indefinite amount of time and may return whenever.
(I’ve seen some people have ghost accounts that they created in the browser first, then cleared cookies and created another account like this. I remove users like this when they haven’t logged on in 30 days, but it still pollutes the member list until then.)

0 Likes