Sublime Forum

Passphrase is asked each time

Hello. I used the Sublime Merge on macOS.
And I impressive on its fast performance and comfortable.

But when I use pull, fetch or something like remote works, then Sublime Merge asked passphrase every time. I find how can I using keychain feature, but it looks not yet supported.

Sublime Merge dose not have keychain feature?

0 Likes

You can use Tools -> Password Caching or possibly the solution(s) found in Build 1075 keeps prompting for credentials.

0 Likes

Where is this “Tools > Password Caching” you speak of?

0 Likes

It was added in dev-build 1066 and released in build 1070. Based on the release note (pasted below), it may only be supported on Linux & macOS.

Added a Tools/Password Caching menu to easily setup credential caching on Linux

0 Likes

Ah. I’m running build 1084 on Windows and still have that nagging prompt. I haven’t tried switching to the system version of Git yet (was kind of hoping it would get fixed in SM).

0 Likes

Is there an option for password caching to be unlimited? On linux build 1084.

0 Likes

It looks like that password caching not working in dev-build 1111. Does anyone have the same problem with this build?

0 Likes

SM 2011 on Win10, the problem still persists. See the bug report on GitHub:

If anyone has a solution to this, please help us out. All the credential files are present in the system and picked up correctly by all Git installations and front-ends, except SM which keeps asking me to type the password when connecting to a GitBlit local server over Intranet (ssh connection).

Any actions I could take locally to make the credentials visible to SM?

1 Like

That is a long unsolved issue with git command.

Make sure your password works or create a PAT:
https://docs.github.com/en/github/authenticating-to-github/creating-a-personal-access-token

You can also try saving the user-password to a plain-text file, effective when OS credential system fail:

git config --global credential.helper store

Then entering user-password again

0 Likes