Sublime Forum

Meetio Theme for Sublime Text (v1.6.0)

Meetio Theme 1.0.0 are there!

This theme has undergone many tweaks over the past few months and finally have an update for you all.

Many new things have been added, including:

• Theme Activator
  • Current file highlighting in sidebar
  • Highlighted tabs
  • Dirty state tab pencil.
  • Large tab refinements
  • Auto complete, Goto Anything and Command Palette refinements
  • Support for Git Gutter
  • Support for Gutter Color
  • Support for Color Highlighter
  • Support for Markdown Extended
  • Support for VSC Sidebar files.

Link for Github | Download Now | Twitter

Meetio

Meetio Lighter

Meetio Darker

Meetio Palenight

Find and Replace

Search

Command Palette

Sidebar VSC

3 Likes

Thanks for making and sharing. Do you have screen grabs of the theme?

1 Like

It would be good if all themes provide screenshots.

1 Like

@benfrain and @jfcherng updated! My mistake., thanks for your feedback.

1 Like

What does this do beyond setting the theme?

2 Likes

It seems it previews and sets both theme and color scheme at the same time.

@mauroreisvieira, FWIW, the UI: Select Theme and UI: Select Color Scheme commands bundled in ST can do this as well, albeit separately.
Also, there is a open_url command that accepts a url parameter. You can use that instead of providing your own commands in links.py.

0 Likes

@wbond and @FichteFoll the Meetio Theme is inspired in Material Theme and DA UI Theme, and my reason to create this its to continue the great work of this both themes, because the Material Theme are deprecated and DA UI no one know whats happened.

So my first approach was create different Themes and Schemes like Material Theme, but the problem in my opinion its limit the user, because if user like for example Mariana Scheme its a little be weird use my Theme with this scheme, so for this a prefere DA UI approach and create a Adaptive theme.

The purpose of Theme Activator its show the users in a easy way the Schemes available and I know Sublime have this options and its very nice, but with this option I can “force” the user of Meetio using my Schemes. :slight_smile:

All themes are equal? Yes!, I don’t understand anything about python and not find any way to change only the Schemes.

To keep in mind my ideia for future is possibility to the user to change lot of things in Meetio, like the accent, the contrast of sidebar and tabs…
But I need more time to investigate more about Python, but the repo is public and any one can help me.

1 Like

Looks nice from the screenshots - But am I blind or is it not available on packagecontrol.io yet? (-:

1 Like

Thanks @milkman. In unfortunately it not available yet in Package Control, but is my Next step. I’m waiting for more feedback to ensure this Theme work and OSX/Linus/Window.

1 Like

First of all, thanks for your effort. The Material theme was/is quite popular but unfortunately quite bloated which causes ST to slow down and use a lot of RAM.

Some notes/remarks:

1. I generally like the idea of naming all themes like Theme - <name>, which would mean Theme - Meetio.sublime-package in this special case. Looks like the theme is designed to use Meetio.sublime-package.

2. Next to DA UI, AYU is another example of a theme, which provides its own activator. I generally dislike the idea of each theme providing its own activator to be honest.
    a) As already stated, ST comes with its own commands to choose themes and color schemes so we don’t need to struggle with the settings to change the UI anyway.
    b) A somewhat nicer looking alternative is provided by the Theme Menu Switcher, which also provides this functionality for older ST builds.
    c) A general approach to provide a function to change Color Scheme and Theme with one command would be via Skins package.
    d) IMHO there is no need to “force” the user to set both at a time.

3. I don’t find it useful if each plugin provides its own “Changelog” command, just to show some html styled phantom text with changes. I think this is what the messages.json mechanism was made for.

… so for this a prefere DA UI approach and create a Adaptive theme

IMHO, each theme should try to be adaptive today, but this is not the DA UI approach but a built-in functionality of the current ST release.

The DA UI approach is to dynamically create the sublime-theme file via python scripts based on a template and some settings which describe the details about how the theme should look like. It’s like a theme engine for the theme engine with the goal to avoid burning dozens of settings into the sublime-theme to provide different tab sizes, colors etc. (All the stuff which makes Material bloated and slow).

The current ST dev built supports some nice features for sublime-theme files, which would allow you to create one main theme and then create some “sub-themes” which just “extend” the main one to modify some colors/details.

3 Likes

That’s what I like feedback.
@deathaxe thank you very much for commenting.

I agree with most of the points. I just did not want to follow a different approach from all the others.

So I just have the change log in Preferences > Package Settings > Meetio > Changelog because it’s easier for the user to see the theme changes.

The message.json is good for showing when the user has updated the theme, then you have no way to see what the theme has again. If you count by the people who install it fear directly through Github.

But as I said I liked to implement some functionalities to make my theme more flexible, so that the user could do some custiomizations without endangering the performance of Sublime Text.

0 Likes

The screenshots looks pretty nice. I would definitely give it a try after it’s available on Package Control. :grinning:

1 Like

Wass Up! Meetio Updates :tada:

Version 1.2.0 its available!

Meetio is the most powerful theme for Sublime Text 3 with Lighter, Darker & Palenight variations only for 3176+ version.

FEATURES

• Add option Meetio: Theme Configuration this allow the possibility to overwrite the default variables

CHANGED

• Update color of background in Schemes: Default, Lighter and Darker

BUGFIXES

• Fix foreground and background color of status bar
  • Fix button hover

BREAKING CHANGES

• Remove Meetio: Theme Activator

Video for Meetio Theme Instalation:

Link for Github | Download Now | Twitter

0 Likes

Looks great.
Like the variables - Makes customization a charm.
Hiding the basic theme via .json is a good idea.

Some questions/notes:

1. Do you think it is still needed to build the sublime-theme file from single json files? Good commented basic theme file should do the job as well, I think.
  2. Same question applies for color-schemes. The old tmTheme format was uneditable. So creating frameworks to maintain the color schemes more easily was ok. But the new sublime-color-scheme format should be able to do the job statically, doesn’t it?
  3. I get some messages in the console, if the theme is active.
    no such prop layer0.tint when matching sidebar_label against sidebar_label
  4. A templete for the theme configuration would be helpful to start with a valid userfile.
     {
         "caption": "Meetio: Theme Configuration",
         "command": "edit_settings", "args":
         {
             "base_file": "${packages}/Meetio/Meetio-Theme.sublime-theme",
             "default": "{\n    \"variables\": {\n\n    }\n}\n"
         }
     }

5. Maybe some of your source files, which are not required for ST to show the theme, could be excluded from the _sublime-package_ file by adding a [.gitattributes](https://github.com/jisaacks/GitGutter/blob/master/.gitattributes) file to your repo. This could slim down the downloaded package.
1 Like

Thanks mauroreisvieira, I recently reverted back to Default theme & Mariana scheme because the Material theme was deprecated. Good thing the default theme is now way better than it used to be, but I still missed my old Material + Oceanic combo. I’ll give it a try when it’s available with the Package Control extension.

1 Like

Hi @deathaxe thanks.

I thinks if theme have splited in different files is more simple to change only small peces of code. Its only for help me put files more organizied, because in the end its compile all to one single file.

I go check, more people already warned me that there were errors on the console. Majority Windows users.

Done!

Good point. Thanks.

1 Like

Sublime Text versus Visual Studio Code in 2019

Hi @wbond, I’m already make a Pull Request this Theme for Package Control. What I need do next?

Only wait, or something in my PR is not fine?!

0 Likes

Do not fear my dear. ThomSmith, FichteFoll or wbond periodically review the Pull Request queue and ask for changes or just merges it. Just pay attention to your GitHub notifications or emails (if you enabled it).

Just remember they do it own their own free time and good will. They can take few months before getting back to you. Everybody have to work full time or no food. Then, open source stuff, only if and when they fell like.

2 Likes

Thanks @addons_zz. My questions is related to check only if are everything ok, from my side.

0 Likes

It looks like the automated checks have passed, so you should be good to go unless the manual review (by the volunteers mentioned by @addons_zz) turns up something that needs to be tweaked in some way. The automated tests find the most obvious problems that might block the PR from being accepted.

1 Like