Sublime Forum

☀ I gift a ST2 license to the one that makes me laugh harder

Hello!!

Some time ago, I bought a secondary license I never used, just to support ST developers. I think I should gift it… and also use it to take some attention because I’m raising money via my package SideBarEnhancements… please see: Line and multi-line selection :stuck_out_tongue: If you use SideBarEnhancements, consider support my unrelated project! Thanks :wink:

Ok, back to topic, A ST license as a gift to the one that makes me laugh… harder!

I was going to gift the license to the first user fixing two bugs in the ST organization at github, but that looks like a recipe for an unfair disaster and misunderstanding!

Rules:

• There is no rules :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Yes, there is a rule, be polite and kind :slight_smile:

Something:

• Just post in this thread something fun
  • In two weeks I’ll select a winner and send the license via PM. Approximated date: 21 January 2014 OK!??

PS: This is just for fun, ST is very valuable, if you relly want to support the developer of ST buy a license sublimetext.com/buy

0 Likes

Giving More Money

That would have been a mistake; it’s a nonsense to give a license to Jon. Because a lot of issues there are API limitation actually.

As for jokes:

• Jon will be very communicative this year.

• Jon will implement a tooltip API

• Jon will add complete documentation for all API

• Users will try to revert to ST before opening a new issue/thread

• Users will start to add a lot of details when opening an issue/thread (os version, st version etc)

:mrgreen:

0 Likes

Romania not fun! :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

(True Story)

My wife and I were taking my son to the pediatrician because he had a sore throat. The doctor came in and naturally stoops to the child to ask what was wrong, I piped up and said “He has CLBS, it is hereditary”. She looked puzzled, and said “I’m sorry?” I said “Cute little boy syndrome.”

Without skipping a beat, my wife says, “I see you’ve been cured.”

:frowning:

1 Like

What is the most useless feature of ST3? It’s Help > Check for Updates…
New ST3 beta update changelog: * optimized check_for_updates() function, now it just returns false;

(sorry I had to, just ignore me :laughing: )

0 Likes

[quote=“jnovack”]…]
“He has CLBS, it is hereditary”.
…][/quote]

This is weird. I have the very same syndrome! :open_mouth:

0 Likes

I’m sick! :smiley:

0 Likes

[quote=“jsys”]What is the most useless feature of ST3? It’s Help > Check for Updates…
New ST3 beta update changelog: * optimized check_for_updates() function, now it just returns false;

(sorry I had to, just ignore me :laughing: )[/quote]

Give that man 5 internets and an infinite stock of cookies.

0 Likes

My colleague, Vladimir, says “I vwant toolbarr, vwith lutsuv butt’ns.”

0 Likes

Werner Heisenberg, Kurt Godel and Noam Chomsky walk into a bar.

Heisenberg says, “There are three of us and this is bar, clearly this is a joke but it’s uncertain if it’s funny or not.”

Godel replies, “We can never know that because we’re inside the joke.”

Chomsky then says, “Of course it’s funny, you’re just telling it wrong!”

0 Likes

A woman gets on a bus with her baby. The bus driver says: ‘‘Ugh, that’s the ugliest baby I’ve ever seen!’’ The woman walks to the rear of the bus and sits down, fuming. She says to a man next to her: ‘‘The driver just insulted me!’’ The man says: ‘‘You go up there and tell him off. Go on, I’ll hold your monkey for you.’’

0 Likes

A man is interviewed for a job. The interviewer asks:

• what is You biggest flaw?
  • honesty - answers the job candidate.
  • I don’t think that honesty is a flaw - said the interviewer
  • I don’t give a @#$% what You think.
0 Likes

On the first meet to a nice girl.

man: Once a genie granted me a wish… i had to decide between having a gigantic cock or master memory.
woman: And what did you choose?
man: i cant really remember!

0 Likes

old one, but still one of my favourites:

A man flying in a hot air balloon suddenly realizes he’s lost. He reduces height and spots a man down below. He lowers the balloon further and shouts to get directions, “Excuse me, can you tell me where I am?”

The man below says: “Yes. You’re in a hot air balloon, hovering 30 feet above this field.”

“You must work in Information Technology,” says the balloonist.

“I do” replies the man. “How did you know?”

“Well,” says the balloonist, “everything you have told me is technically correct, but It’s of no use to anyone.”

The man below replies, “You must work in management.”

“I do,” replies the balloonist, “But how’d you know?”*

“Well”, says the man, “you don’t know where you are or where you’re going, but you expect me to be able to help. You’re in the same position you were before we met, but now it’s my fault.”

0 Likes

I’m so excited. We are waiting with bated breath like it’s the Academy Awards…

I would just like to say to my competition, no matter who wins:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DBSw7If2BGE/TixEl5V_HgI/AAAAAAAADxY/feWYbIjHPc0/s320/a_winner_is_you.jpg

0 Likes

Oh it was Tuesday 21, I thought it was on Saturday 25 :D, sorry for delay. Here I go,

All jokes terrible :stuck_out_tongue: Then, I will pick 1 of the participants at random !
Hope that sounds fair to you. If not I don’t mind :stuck_out_tongue:

Then, I’ll pick three participants at random, the last one will win, if the winner does not reclaim the license, I’ll communicate to the next one, and so on…

…Loading…

1. Checking if I have the license somewhere… Done.
2. Writting jokes.py to select random winners … Done.
3. Put the jokes.py in Packages/User folder… Done.

Loaded, restarting :stuck_out_tongue:

And the winner is … my good friend iamntz! :slight_smile:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/930 … is-you.png

0 Likes

Haha, thanks man. I already have a license though, please jump to the next dude :wink:
(also, if the next dude have a license, i hope he will decline it)

1 Like

[quote=“iamntz”]I already have a license though, please jump to the next dude :wink:
(also, if the next dude have a license, i hope he will decline it)[/quote]

great gesture :smile:

0 Likes

Many thanks! :smile:

scotartt! are you there? jump out of the joke and take your gift :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

Would have been a shame to win a gift for such a bad joke, think I’ve been lucky been unlucky XD
I also have a license so not a loss either.

0 Likes