Sublime Forum

Finally, a multi-platform Terminal running in Sublime Text

tab_completion is not relevant to Terminus. The most possible reason is that the tab key is mapped to a command either by other package or by your user settings. Use sublime.log_commands(True) to check.

1 Like

Yep you’re right, I forgot I had mapped tab to something else. Thanks. :thumbsup:

0 Likes

Seems like winpty yes. Specifically https://github.com/rprichard/winpty/issues/108 even though I’m not trying to use 256 colour mode.

For the record, the plugin sends the right escape sequence then gets back text without it, so it gets filtered somewhere in the middle.

sent echo -e '\033[107m Qwq'
receieved: <0x1b>[?25l<0x0d>bash-4.3$ echo -e '\033[107m Qwq'<0x1b>[0K<0x1b>[?25h
add 0 line(s) to scroll back history
screen is dirty: {10}
updating lines takes 0.018984079360961914s
mode: [7, 25], cursor: 33.10
sent <0x0d>
updating lines takes 0.0009961128234863281s
mode: [7, 25], cursor: 33.10
receieved: <0x1b>[?25l<0x0d>
 Qwq<0x1b>[0K<0x0d>
bash-4.3$<0x1b>[0K<0x1b>[11G<0x1b>[?25h
add 0 line(s) to scroll back history

If I run SublimeText within WSL (so sort of “native” Linux) the colours work correctly, so this doesn’t seem to be something the plugin can fully control.

0 Likes

@FHTheron, thanks for the investigation. For now, we can only wait for the fixes from upstream. :thumbsup:

0 Likes

It turns out that it is actually a bug of Terminus. Fixed now.

2 Likes

“caption”: “Terminus: Open Default Shell at Current Location”,

Woohoo, thank you :slight_smile: While we’re still thinking of things that would be nice to have, we just wake up the next day and there they are.

1 Like

The “open at current location” feature was there for a while, we just didn’t have it clearly documented.

And this is something new,

I am also trying to figure out how to capture regular file paths. Maybe using regular expressions to capture

• /foo/bar or ./foo/bar
  • c:\foo\bar or .\foo\bar (of course, Windows only)
  • not sure about single files such as foo.py
  • also not sure how clean the code could be to support file paths containing spaces.
1 Like

Just a note for anyone using Windows WSL and virtual drives:

0 Likes

Working on the imgcat support

1 Like

Anyone get this working with Conemu/Cmder?

0 Likes

Please note that Conemu is not a shell program. It is the same kind of programs of which Terminus is.

1 Like

Would it be possible to use something like this plugin https://packagecontrol.io/packages/Chain%20of%20Command to continue to fire a command I need when tab is pressed, but ignore that command when in a Terminus pane (so that tab completion works)? Is there a context for when I’m in a Terminus pane?

0 Likes

You need to either remap the tab keybind or avoid binding the tab key in terminus_view.

{ "keys": ["tab"], "command": "terminus_keypress", "args": {"key": "tab"}, "context": [{"key": "terminus_view"}] }

Or

{ "keys": ["tab"], "command": "other_command", "context": [{"key": "terminus_view", "operator": "not_equal", "operand": true}] }
2 Likes

Perfect, the first one works just right, thanks!

0 Likes

This package is awesome, a total game changer… amazing job!

Does anyone know how to spawn terminus with a virtualenv activated on windows? I’ve already tried:

window.run_command("terminus_open", {"cmd": "d:/virtual_envs/py364_32/Scripts/activate.bat", "config_name": "Default"})

But no luck, only a normal terminal “cmd.exe” is opened… I’ve already tried few combinations but no luck so far. Thanks!

0 Likes

Never mind, problem was I was using config_name, which is incompatible when using cmd, for more info here’s the relevant part of code https://github.com/randy3k/Terminus/blob/master/terminus/commands.py#L101-L119, it works now!

0 Likes

This tool is amazing.

Is it possible to create a build system, that uses an active terminus view for building / output?
Or creates a new view (Default) if none exists?
I am not having any luck with that.

-B

0 Likes

Terminus is really wonderful. The Look-n-Feel is better than I would have thought to be possible.

2 Likes

Hi how to make snippets such as ($0), {$0}, “$0”… work ?, thumbs up for the great plugin.

0 Likes

Do you mean the auto-completions offered by Sublime? If yes, it is not recommended to use them because they will confuse the shell.

0 Likes