Sublime Forum

Finally, a multi-platform Terminal running in Sublime Text

Indeed it is! I used "font_face": "Source Code Pro for Powerline" (the same I have in the iTerm2) and now it works, kinda :smiley:

Again, awesome job!

1 Like

Did a package upgrade just now, it’s fixed indeed, thank you very much.

0 Likes

It is now on a rolling release. You’ll always get the latest code for now. I’ll switch to tag based release once it is out officially.

0 Likes

Is it possible to get bold font and dark background coloring to work? (Feel like I should start paying here :slight_smile: )

1 Like

I also notice that ANSI high intensity colors are not working. It is a issue of pyte. I’ll need to patch some of their functions to support it.

The bold font is theoretically possible. It is easier for ANSI colors because there are only 16*16 = 256 combinations of foreground and background. To support bold font, we simply need to duplicate the 256 combinations to form bold variation. While the idea is the same for the 256 color support, there are 256 * 256 combinations of foreground and background. The generated theme file for 256 color is already more than 6mb, I am not sure if we want to double the size of the file to get bold 256 colored font.

I feel we should either completely ignore bold font or support bold font for both ANSI and 256 color.

0 Likes

And it seems that the output of the last column is erroreous.

0 Likes

Yes it is.

I would say a bold font is not as important as having the “right” colours. That said, definitely ignore anything anyone says that you feel is just bloat. Scrolling in paged windows (less/man/tmux) is a little slow at the moment (but usable) and if a larger colour scheme is bad for redrawing a page then I’d happily go the other way - down to 8 colors :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Which theme are you using? Could you share your theme settings if it is an user theme? I want to fix the last column bug.

0 Likes

I see it with all themes, but here’s what I have:

"256color": true,
"theme": "user",
"user_theme_colors":
{
        "00": "#555757",
        "01": "#ef2323",
        "02": "#40e234",
        "03": "#fce94f",
        "04": "#729fcf",
        "05": "#ad7fa8",
        "06": "#34e2e2",
        "07": "#dddddd",
        "08": "#080808",
        "09": "#c03232",
        "10": "#4e9a06",
        "11": "#c4a000",
        "12": "#3465a4",
        "13": "#75507b",
        "14": "#06989a",
        "15": "#bbbbbb",
        "background": "#0f1a23",
        "caret": "#2bd932",
        "foreground": "#d3d7cf",
        "selection": "#224477",
        "selection_foreground": "#dddddd"
},
"view_settings":
{
        "caret_style": "blink",
        "font_face": "Input",
        "font_size": 12,
        "line_padding_bottom": -1,
        "line_padding_top": -1,
        "rulers": [80],
        "scroll_past_end": false
}
1 Like

Bravo! Nice implementation of a badly needed feature. Keep up the good work. Thank you.

0 Likes

It looks fine on my computer.

I am using this to test

bash <( curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fidian/ansi/master/ansi) --color-table

Could you try to remove the theme file and regenerate it?

0 Likes

It is also fine on my linux virtual machine against colortest-16.

Could you try Terminus Utilities: Remove User Theme and Generate User Theme?

0 Likes

That didn’t make a difference. I have cloned the git repo just now (instead of using the package control method) to get the latest. Now the colour intensities are there (thank you), but the last column is still wrong. I’ll see what I can debug here.

0 Likes

This is a game changer for me, really nice work!

1 Like

Didn’t see this reported, but running this in ST3 latest dev build on Debian, tab to auto complete (file paths, git branches, etc) is not working.

0 Likes

Works for me. ("tab_completion": false, Windows 10, WSL Bash, no user keybinding for tab)

0 Likes

Aww man, I don’t know if I can get used to not having tab completion when coding :frowning:

Been living with that on forever.

0 Likes

I use auto complete, but with ctrl+space instead of tab. I never got used to tab doing anything more than indentation.

0 Likes

Well setting tab_completion to false doesn’t seem to fix it for me, even after restarting ST. weird. I can live with it.

0 Likes

Let me spin up a windows machine and test it later. Maybe a winpty bug?

0 Likes