Sublime Forum

Error loading syntax file "Packages/PHP/PHP.sublime-syntax"

Everything has been working fine up yesterday and now every time i load a php file I get this error:

“Error loading syntax file “Packages/PHP/PHP.sublime-syntax”: Apparent recursion within a with_prototype action: 25000 context sanity limit hit”

Ive looked all around the web and this forum to no avail…

Any insight is greatly appreciated…

0 Likes

let me guess, you have the CSS3 package installed?

1 Like

This is true

0 Likes

Sure enough disabling CSS3 allows PHP syntax to work, any insight into a better solution other than constantly enabling/disabling?

0 Likes

Just enable and use the default CSS Syntax.

0 Likes

I confirm the issue…is it a problem with the CSS3 packages that needs an update?

I have the CSS3 package, but disabling it and enabling the stock CSS package doesn’t solve the issue…

Thanks

EDIT: my issue was in JavaScriptNext - ES6 Syntax package…I removed it and the problem went away

3 Likes

Had the same issue here. Removing CSS3 corrected the problem.

0 Likes

Yes, Valeu!!! uma solução bem simples e eu endoidando, só removi o CSS3

0 Likes

I don’t have CSS3 installed and I’m getting this same issue. The only thing that fixes it is disabling the PHP syntax plugin, which of course makes Sublime Text completely useless. Why has this not been addressed 1 year later???

0 Likes

Have you tried running with a clean state? https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/revert.html

0 Likes

For me the only way to solve this problem was to uninstall and install Sublime again. In doing so the problem was resolved

0 Likes

May/2021 after upgrade from ST3 to 4, same error,
removing ES6 Syntax packages solved the problem

0 Likes

The PR https://github.com/sublimehq/Packages/pull/2789 which refactors syntax to use more modern technices to prevent that recursion error is still pending.

0 Likes

Error loading syntax file Packages/PHP/PHP.sublime-syntax

I hope this helps for me this PHP issue came with sublime 4 update (build 4113)
after hit a trial of installing a fresh sublime and installing my packages 1 by 1 … finally found the issue came due to the package
" Java​Script​Next - ES6 Syntax "

alas i really liked its js and json highlighting. but had to disable it for the occasional php projects

0 Likes