Sublime Forum

Disapearing Projects

Similar to this origional post (there’s a few posts before getting on to projects). I’ve just had a disapearing project, or more acurately work has dissapeared within the project, or it’s not saved as expected.

Bearing in mind this occured yesterday (so my memory might be off).

This is what I did to loose half a day’s work. Again I don’t think this is expected behaviour, it happened to me nearly a year ago, something for folks to whatch out for. Maybe.

I had a few open files, and a few tabs. I saved project as, imported some folders. I then realised that I’d saved the project in the wrong place. Deleted it. Then did save project as in the correct place. (A directory up). Turned on my poota today and most of what I did has gone, the hot save hasn’t worked, weirdly some of the project properties have saved (some of the folders I’d imported, right number of tabs open) (ie some of the expected behaviour happened).

There’s a project file in the directory where I deleted it (weird, coz I deleted it once) and a project file in the right place, though neither have any of the information I’d expect in them.

Build 3.2.1.1

I’m guessing that maybe a PATH wasn’t updated when I re-saved the project as or perhaps a conflict with git (“Out-there guess”, I’m imagining really unlikely as I hadn’t committed anything just done regular saves).

I’ve had this trouble before (as per my initial comment) has any one else? If no-one else has I guess it’s just me, however if others have found this then maybe there’s something to look into? Being unconfident about how one’s tool behaves makes doing good work harder. Although being an idiot doesn’t help either. I hope it’s the latter ! :crazy_face:

:unicorn::skull_and_crossbones:

0 Likes

If you deleted a file and it came back, that seems like it would point to something outside of Sublime as the culprit. Are you running something that tries to sync your folders remotely that might have reverted content? Perhaps a check to see if the drive is OK or having a failure of some sort?

1 Like

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. In answer to your question I don’t think so (I’m 96% sure there isn’t, I’m being conservative). It’s a very infrequent error (either me or the software). My purpose in ‘logging’ it here is just in case anyone else has had this problem. If other folks are, maybe something to watch out for. Or I could just be me, and therefore nothing to consider… Ta

:beer:

0 Likes