Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3150

Dev Build 3150 is out now at https://www.sublimetext.com/3dev with a few fixes, and a new API call, view.style().

Note that linux backwards compatibility is still a known issue. The regions API and brackets being unable to change the foreground color are also known items.

12 Likes

Set a color to every struct in c
Dev Build 3149

Liking that view.style(). Also, the style_from_scope got cleaned up!

0 Likes

I just installed 3150, the definitions shadow still rendering some time before the actual pop up:

Is it fixable? If I recall correctly there were no shadows before. I could just disable them if there is a setting for it, them the issue should be fixed.

0 Likes

Shadows were added in 3148:

0 Likes

Can you give some details of your system? I can’t replicate that delay loading issue

0 Likes

@jps I think I get it a little to. I wonder if the gif is exaggerating the behavior. Mine seems much quicker, but if you pay attention, you can see the shadow gets drawn first, then the popup. I’m on a Windows 10 system with 4K monitors.

0 Likes

One item I missed from the changelog: there’s a “rulers” color value that can be set in the sublime-color-scheme file now

5 Likes

@facelessuser, the gif is ~ accurate, sadly it was recorded at 8 FPS, now recorded another at ~30, @jps thanks for looking into it, perhaps this is because my laptop has its processor underclosed to ~1GHz. The detailed hardware settings are:

1. Processor Intel i3-390M @2.67 GHz: (Underclocked to 1 GHz)
C:\>echo %PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE% %PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER% %PROCESSOR_LEVEL% %PROCESSOR_REVISION%
AMD64 Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5, GenuineIntel 6 2505

1. RAM 8 GB DDR3 @1067 MHz:
C:\>wmic MemoryChip get BankLabel, Capacity, MemoryType, TypeDetail, Speed
BankLabel  Capacity    MemoryType  Speed  TypeDetail
BANK 0     4294967296  24          1067   128
BANK 2     4294967296  24          1067   128

1. GPU IntelÂŽ HD Graphics 64 MB of RAM
C:\>wmic path win32_VideoController get name
Name
Intel(R) HD Graphics

System:

• Operating system and version:
    • Windows 10 build 15063 x64
  • Monitor:
    • Resolution 1920x1080
    • dpi_scale used in ST 1.0
  • Sublime Text:
    • Build 3145
    • 32 bit

I recorded a video using Camtasia, which has much better precision for demonstration. On a vanilla install (first part of the video/animation bellow) it does show up much faster than on my current installation with my project and packages.

1. https://vid.me/YAnBw

For now I reverted back to build 3147, where it works fine:

0 Likes

I’m still seeing an issue in 3150 where if I have something selected in one view and something selected in another view, when I go back to the first view and double click the selection, it flashes and then the cursor goes back to the second view:

0 Likes

That’s because you’re clicking on the selection, initiating a drag

0 Likes

I can post a better video if it helps, but I am double clicking on the existing selection.

0 Likes

0 Likes

Will fix for the next build

7 Likes

Goto Symbol in Project shows only definitions, not references

Indexer picks some weird bits from javascript files, for instance file with this:

hasReadOnlyMetainfo = function() {
    return self.data.table.some((metainfo) => !metainfo.isWritable);
};

adds !metainfo.isWritable) to the ‘Goto Symbol in Project’ list. And it isn’t present in usual symbols’ list.

0 Likes

It sounds like you aren’t using the default JavaScript syntax, which does what you’d expect on that snippet. You can see exactly which will appear by using view.symbols() and view.indexed_symbols() in the console.

0 Likes

Indeed, I do have Babel package installed. But when I open js file the standard syntax is used. The indexer doesn’t use the same syntax file as a renderer?

0 Likes