Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3145

I guess it’s just a question of time and resources. @jps and @wbond go the hard but efficient way creating the editor on very good low-level frameworks, which requires a lot of work and effort behind the scenes, while VS Code and Atom choose the lazy way by using a bloated web browser engine to built a text editor on, which comes with many rendering features already out of the box, which is to be paid with a lot of overhead and poor performance and huge memory usage.

Good stuff, just needs its time.

2 Likes

I agree, good things come to those who wait :slight_smile:

0 Likes

On 3147 and Fira Code and it happens in C++ code for some reason.

0 Likes

Interesting, so is there something different in C++ case?

0 Likes

Would be fixed with this PR. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Currently, it seems it doesn’t work at all, even for widgets.

0 Likes

TL;DR: draw shadows doesn’t affect popups or anything - it just shows a shadow on the left and right edge of the view when it can be scrolled horizontally

2 Likes

Just checked, it doesn’t work even in this case (on Windows at least). I’ve tried to change Widget - <theme-name>.sublime-settings and Widget.sublime-settings.

ST always draw that shadow if word_wrap: false and it can be disabled only via color scheme modification.

1 Like

I’m using a pair of Samsung S24B420’s connected to a 2014 mac mini (via 1 HDMI -> DVI adapter and a DisplayPort -> DVI adapter).

I’m pretty sure I’m just using the default color profiles that mac OS auto-detected, without any other manual calibration on the OS side.

On the screen side, all I’d done until reading your comment here was adjusting brightness and contrast until it “looked nice”, but I now realise the screen actually has 3 options for its gamma settings which according to this page equate to:

Mode 1: 2.2
Mode 2: 2.0
Mode 3: 2.4

I’ve been running Mode 1, but I now I realise I have no idea if this is optimal or not, or how to tell the OS which is selected (if that’s even required)!

0 Likes

My understanding is that this would be a task for a window compositor, e.g. compton. No need to bother imo.

0 Likes