Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3145

Dev Build 3145 is out now at https://www.sublimetext.com/3dev

If you’re on Windows, there are two additional undocumented options for font_options: dwrite_cleartype_classic, and dwrite_cleartype_natural. These correspond to different DirectWrite rendering options, and depending on the font used, they may make the output more or less pleasing. Let me know if you find them useful, as if no one uses them I’ll remove them in a future build.

9 Likes

Build 3147 hanging repeatedly on me

The Goto References functionality is controlled by the showInIndexedReferenceList preference, see “Default/Indexed Reference List.tmPreferences” for the default value

5 Likes

How to define References

Did the default font options change? I’m seeing weird rendering and I enabled nothing new:

Not only that, I have a big cursor and tiny text. It’s real weird. I’m on Windows 10.

1 Like

Font rendering has been totally redone, it looks like you’re running in High DPI mode? I’ll take a look into it

0 Likes

Ah, yes, I am High DPI.

0 Likes

Strange problem with Xubuntu 17.10.

I have some text files where sections of text are separated by lines of 100 dashes or hyphens. In build 3145 I’m only seeing the first 33 displayed. The remaining 67 are hidden. Opening the files in build 3143 displays the separating lines correctly.

0 Likes

Microscopic text on Windows 10 High DPI.

I’m aware of settings options to switch between ‘gdi’ and ‘directdraw’ rendering, but changing those options does do nothing. Had to revert to stable build to continue my work.

0 Likes

It looks like no_round are always turned on on my machine.

macOS 10.13.1 beta

0 Likes

no_round is not currently supported, so it should act as if it’s always off - I meant to remove it from the comment in Preferences.sublime-settings, but missed doing so.

When you say it looks like it’s always turned on, is that because you’re noticing a visible difference compared to the previous version, or just that it doesn’t do anything now?

0 Likes

@jps The letter spacing is too wide with my font. I like 3144 better :smiley:

The indent guides are not showing up as well.

0 Likes

I am on a Mac with Bootcamp.
After updating to 3145, the font is very very small now.
Is there a way to adjust?
Tried Font under Preference and it does not work.
Thanks

0 Likes

Another issue:

I use SF Mono font. All the colons become angle brackets. When I select it, it turns back to colons.

/: becomes />
select / onward: still showing />
select : onward: becomes /:

If I open preferences window (press cmd+,) it turns back to colons.

0 Likes

On Windows, change back to use gdi fixes small font problem. But the font in tabs is still small. I have 4k screen. 3144 was fine.

0 Likes

@jps I really like the new reference index, thank you for adding it. This may have been asked before, so forgive me: any chance the indexes could include the scope name at say the start point of the region of each entry in the index? I think that would be helpful when using the API methods. Being able to tell what language each reference points to, as well as whether it is a method or not would be very nice. Of course, I have no idea what adding this would do to the size of the index, or the time it takes to index. In any case, this is a great new feature, so thanks again!

3 Likes

I’ve just upgraded, and I’m seeing this on all triple-quoted strings in my python modules. Docstrings nested under functions are not affected at all. It appears to just be a text rendering issue, the files look right (""" not "+$) when opened otherwise.
(So… no file content was altered. That’s good)

0 Likes

I am not able to see indent guides being drawn.

MacOS Sierra

0 Likes

me too, win10 with UHD screen

0 Likes

Very cool build, but yeah, there seems to be a problem with some of the ligatures as well. I don’t usually use FiraCode, but I wanted to check out how the ligatures worked. Things like != got translated to ![. And when you select just the [ in ![, it turns back into !=.

0 Likes

3146 is out now, addressing the directwrite+high dpi issue, long sequences of punctuation appearing truncated, and indent guides not showing on macOS.

The issue with punctuation appearing incorrectly has not been tracked down yet.

7 Likes

thanks for the quick fix!

0 Likes