Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3145

Yup, thinks are looking great in 3146!

0 Likes

Is there a way to turn off ligatures to wait a bit until things get smoothed out? In JavaScript =" get turned into =>.

Edit: Only when using =" in template literals, e.g. <div className="something">. It turns out, I donā€™t need the quotation marks to add attributes, so that more or less solves my problem.

0 Likes

3147 is out now, resolving the incorrect symbol rendering

5 Likes

if you prefer stability, you should probably stay away from dev builds :slight_smile: Jon fixes critical bugs very quickly though. 3147 already!

2 Likes

confirm fixed!

0 Likes

One other thing this fixed is the odd rendering artifact I used to get when using PragmataPro - where the top couple of pixels would disappear from every line. I either had to use a different font, or use GDI rendering on windows to fix this issue - but now I can use DirectWrite and PragmataPro without issue. Thanks!

1 Like

Reporting rendering issues with Fira Code:

The != is rendered without ligatures in source code, but as proper ligature inside COMMENTS? Howā€™s that even possible.

PS: this is C++ code

1 Like

I can confirm as well that I no longer see the issue that =" is converted to =>. Thanks for the quick fix!

And I agree with @prmaple that dev channel is not the place to complain about bleeding edge issues. :wink:

0 Likes

Iā€™ve been waiting for this for years! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Me too, thanks @jps!

0 Likes

@berkus, Iā€™m using Fira Code as well and donā€™t have this issue (with JavaScript) on v3147.

1 Like

@jps build 3147 fixes my issue with long lines of 100 hyphens not being displayed correctly.

Thanks for the quick fix.

0 Likes

Anyone else here experiencing the vanishing of the package control from the command palette on 3147?

0 Likes

Open Command Palette ā€ŗ Preferences: Settings and remove it from "ignored_packages". Sometimes it happens.

0 Likes

Iā€™m not sure what it is, but something seems off with the new font rendering in 3147 for me (Iā€™m on mac OS 10.12.6).

Itā€™s like the antialiasing is slightly off somehow. The command pallette and Goto Anything popups seem particularly badly affected:

0 Likes

Also, while on the topic, Iā€™m also experiencing some ligatures in some places but not everywhere. Iā€™ve seen people experiencing issues with ligatures only in certain languages, shouldnā€™t this be globally active? Iā€™m using the Iosevka font, scroll down a bit to see the huge list of ligatures, which donā€™t work in 3147 yet.

P.S. the ligatures work flawlessly

0 Likes

Compared to the same thing in 3144:

0 Likes

Hahahahahaā€¦didnā€™t even notice it in there, thank you very much!!!

0 Likes

<!-- and -->

this is what was missing from the PS, THESE ligatures work flawlessly

0 Likes

Ligatures arenā€™t enabled by default for me, anything I need to do in the settings?

macOS, build 3147, Fira Code (OTF)

1 Like