Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3145

Is there a way to turn off ligatures to wait a bit until things get smoothed out? In JavaScript =" get turned into =>.

Edit: Only when using =" in template literals, e.g. <div className="something">. It turns out, I don’t need the quotation marks to add attributes, so that more or less solves my problem.

0 Likes

3147 is out now, resolving the incorrect symbol rendering

5 Likes

if you prefer stability, you should probably stay away from dev builds :slight_smile: Jon fixes critical bugs very quickly though. 3147 already!

2 Likes

confirm fixed!

0 Likes

One other thing this fixed is the odd rendering artifact I used to get when using PragmataPro - where the top couple of pixels would disappear from every line. I either had to use a different font, or use GDI rendering on windows to fix this issue - but now I can use DirectWrite and PragmataPro without issue. Thanks!

1 Like

Reporting rendering issues with Fira Code:

The != is rendered without ligatures in source code, but as proper ligature inside COMMENTS? How’s that even possible.

PS: this is C++ code

1 Like

I can confirm as well that I no longer see the issue that =" is converted to =>. Thanks for the quick fix!

And I agree with @prmaple that dev channel is not the place to complain about bleeding edge issues. :wink:

0 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this for years! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Me too, thanks @jps!

0 Likes

@berkus, I’m using Fira Code as well and don’t have this issue (with JavaScript) on v3147.

1 Like

@jps build 3147 fixes my issue with long lines of 100 hyphens not being displayed correctly.

Thanks for the quick fix.

0 Likes

Anyone else here experiencing the vanishing of the package control from the command palette on 3147?

0 Likes

Open Command Palette › Preferences: Settings and remove it from "ignored_packages". Sometimes it happens.

0 Likes

I’m not sure what it is, but something seems off with the new font rendering in 3147 for me (I’m on mac OS 10.12.6).

It’s like the antialiasing is slightly off somehow. The command pallette and Goto Anything popups seem particularly badly affected:

0 Likes

Also, while on the topic, I’m also experiencing some ligatures in some places but not everywhere. I’ve seen people experiencing issues with ligatures only in certain languages, shouldn’t this be globally active? I’m using the Iosevka font, scroll down a bit to see the huge list of ligatures, which don’t work in 3147 yet.

P.S. the ligatures work flawlessly

0 Likes

Compared to the same thing in 3144:

0 Likes

Hahahahaha…didn’t even notice it in there, thank you very much!!!

0 Likes

<!-- and -->

this is what was missing from the PS, THESE ligatures work flawlessly

0 Likes

Ligatures aren’t enabled by default for me, anything I need to do in the settings?

macOS, build 3147, Fira Code (OTF)

1 Like

I’m on Ubuntu 14.04 and I got the following error message upon installing build 3147
from the 64-bit .deb package.

Unable to load gdk_pixbuf_read_pixels from libgdk-x11-2.0.so

But the library seems to be properly installed:

$ locate libgdk-x11-2.0.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.23

Does other people have the same problem ?

1 Like