Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3104

No problem here (MacBook Pro, OS X 10.11.3). Just providing some feedback: Had three or four windows open with various javascript, markdown, C#, visual foxpro and xml documents open among the windows when the update dialog popped up. I installed right away. There was a pause of a few seconds while Sublime exited itself and restarted. But after that pause, I was able to resume work right away. I didn’t notice anything like fans going off.

0 Likes

I’ve a nodejs project opened most of the time, and dont feel anything bad, I also not including the npm folder (node_modules) to the index, as that trash any functionality that the index provides, because the node_modules folder is 40mb on size, has around like 5000 files and some of them with insanely large file and folder names, the funny thing is that it contains just six modules… :stuck_out_tongue:

So I guess that people that have problems with nodejs projects including node_modules in the index do not even use the index at all.

0 Likes

@tito I was curious about that, that folder can get… quite large and nested beyond belief, haha.

0 Likes

Looks like it does update after a while (maybe related to the indexing issues others have), but when you close it and reopen it, it happens again.

I had to nuke my sublime session file in order to make it work again. After removal of said file I reopened my project and everything with expanding and file loading worked again as it should. Simply closing all your projects and having no open tabs does not work.

0 Likes

Hmmm, updated at work and saw no major issues. Updated on my home machine and the fans instantly kicked in and are still running 10 mins later. I can just see the indexing figure behind the misspelled words on the right but it is incrementing very slowly.

I was working on a fork of this project: https://github.com/stylelint/stylelint/ (Node based so fair few JS files)

I guess you could fork it, open in 3103, then try an update to 3104 and restart?

Need any more info, let me know and I’ll do my best to oblige.

When I looked at Activity monitor it showed Node at 100% usage. Killed Node and the fans spun down to nothing within about 30 seconds.

0 Likes

3104 introduced an issue when doing syntax highlighting on some JavaScript files, which effects both indexing and opening the files in question. 3105 will be out soon to address this.

0 Likes

Hi. I have an Angular Fullstack project deployed with Yeoman. Latest version of the generator.

0 Likes

Thanks for everyone’s help in identifying the indexing issue. Build 3105 should resolve the problems with indexing JS.

The JS issue was also causing trouble with some Markdown files that had embedded JS code blocks. Theoretically it could also cause trouble with any other language that embeds JS, such as HTML or PHP.

1 Like

closed #49
0 Likes