Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3104

I’m probably not working a bunch of large files. But I only have one ST process, and it’s sitting about 13k of memory.

0 Likes

@bgreenlee, is it processing the same file more than once, or do you have multiple README.md files in different directories?

0 Likes

i can’t update this build. ST show update notification on startup but after clicking update it shows No update avaiable.

0 Likes

Jon,

promised you a screenshot of the IME problems. Before the text input was on the canvas itself, at some point some change caused it to spawn an input box like you see in the top-left corner.

This is on Windows 7 (x64) with this build of ST.

0 Likes

3104 seems utterly broken. Can’t work now! Need to fix this ASAP. How do I rollback?

Got Mac, All open js files is just a black window with a yellow line in the middle. Can’t close application (freezes). Fore kill and open again gives the same result.

The fan goes berserk (=100% cpu).

0 Likes

+1 for the same issue.

0 Likes

You could reinstall 3102: https://download.sublimetext.com/Sublime%20Text%20Build%203102.dmg

0 Likes

I ended up deleting Session.sublime_session

Loosing all open projects/files. At least I can work again now.

0 Likes

Did not have that problem with my upgrade on either Windows or Linux. Guess we need to hear from other Mac users if they run into the same problem or not.

0 Likes

Same here, can’t code :’(

0 Likes

XSL filetype and autocompletions are still broken

0 Likes

Is XSL a third party language syntax you’ve downloaded, or are you using the XML syntax provided with Sublime Text?

0 Likes

On a mac OS 10.11.3, just upgraded and also completely wedged during indexing. Closing several of the projects I had open worked to reduce the cpu load in the past, but does not help now.

0 Likes

Are you seeing any diagnostic messages in the Console? Also, what is the primary language of your project(s)?

0 Likes

Also, up until recently XSL has been a filetype that I could select in the list on the bottom right for example.

0 Likes

Same here: Four processes running, close to 100% of CPU load and fans going crazy. Rolling back to 3102 for now.

I’m on OSX 10.11.3.

0 Likes

Confirming same issue, CPU is eaten alive, fan blasts immediately. OSX 10.10.5.

0 Likes

OS X 10.10, CPU ramps up on new build (per usual) only during reindexing of my files.

To me this isn’t really an issue on latest build, there’s a setting to limit the amount of threads ST will consume instead of taking a ‘guess’ at it "index_workers": 0 is the default.

My only thought would be setting a strict limit and if folks complain about indexing speed direct them to where they can bump up the resources used?

Anyhow, just my 2cents that this build is spiking the CPU during reindexing per usual (only during reindexing) on OS X after an update that affects syntaxes that I use.

Main projects are JS/PHP and a small amount of Python.

0 Likes

Processor is maxed out after the new update, and I’m not doing anything. Even Chrome is less hungry now. What did you do? Please fix.

I’m running ST 3104 on Windows 8.1 x64, with a Intel i7-4790 CPU and 16 GB of RAM. Everything is unstable and unusable after the update. Reverted back to 3102 for now.

0 Likes

Ah, sorry, that wasn’t clear with my snipping…multiple README files. Any .md file, it seemed. Although it’s fine right now (I did reboot my computer this morning for another issue so ¯\(ツ)/¯) (On OS X 10.11.3, btw)

0 Likes