Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3101

It seems like the button is not shown for themes that don’t have a config for it. This is probably due to how theming works internally (and how much the default theme says about ST’s layout) and there is no way around it besides updating the theme.

Would be nice if the icon was shown even if the theme did not have it specified, but it wouldn’t make sense to rework theme logic for just that.

I like the panel API changes. I won’t be using them over the current create_panel workaround anytime soon because the changes are recent, but I can certainly imagine using them in my OutputPanel abstraction class soon.

0 Likes

But the default theme should show it, but it isn’t for me on OSX.

0 Likes

I wasn’t replying to you. I have no idea what your issue is.

0 Likes

Perdon my ignorance what that button is supposed to do

0 Likes

It opens a list of all panels, and allows you to switch to them. It includes the console and find panels, but also output panels from packages.

0 Likes

I think there’s still an issue with RE and case:

I’ve a build file with the following line_regex that doesn’t works anymore:
line_regex="^\\(.+?/([0-9]+):([0-9]+)\\)\s+(.+)$"
Replacing \s with \S make it works again.

edit: This is the line that must match:
(PACKAGE BODY MY_PACKAGE/2400:26) 2130:26 PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "LOO" when expecting one of the following:

edit: OK found the issue I think:
\s doesn’t include TAB char anymore.
With a buffer containing:
1[TAB]3
With [TAB] meaning TAB key, if I do;
>>> view.find('1\s3', 0)
(-1, -1)

startup, version: 3101 windows x64 channel: dev

0 Likes

Confirmed, it wont show if you are using a theme that does not contain it. I use Soda, and it doesn’t show. I turn off Soda, wala, it’s there…

0 Likes

Thank you, I added this to the bottom of my current theme and I see the button

{
“class”: “panel_button_control”,
“layer0.texture”: “Theme - Default/panels.png”,
“layer0.opacity”: 0.7,
“content_margin”: [12, 8]
},

Is so close to the Start menu that I don’t think I’m gonna use it.

As a Windows user I would prefer a normal menuitem in main menu bar. There is plenty of room there. Or even better a vertical toolbar.

http://i.imgur.com/bjOJ7bX.png

3 Likes

Apparently I had an old unpacked Default Theme in my User folder. So yeah, it does work in Themes that define it.

0 Likes

I posted this on dev 3100 while it’s related to dev 3101. Repeated it here
I’m running ST3 on Windows 7 64-bit. I noticed the sidebar does not
update if I “Ctrl+Shift+S” a file into a new directory. This new added
file does not appear in the sidebar list. In previous version is was
working.

0 Likes

Everything except for plugin output panels already exist in the menu, and plugins can add menu items for those if they wish.

I think the benefit of this is the visual locality of it to the actual panel display. It is not uncommon for users to look for a way to show/hide panels via a graphical element near where the UI component is displayed.

2 Likes

Actually, I find myself doing this quite frequently - maybe not always in the same directory, but I’m often connected to a server through SSH in a terminal Window and SSHFS for Sublime, and I don’t have rsub/rmate installed, so if I need to make a super-quick change to a file (especially if it’s root-owned) I’ll use vim, but if I’m doing big edits or other work I’ll track down the file through Finder and edit it with Sublime.

Just saying, this may not be just a corner case.

1 Like

It might be more common than I thought in the real world, but in my work environment most people will use one or the other, but not both. In your case I can understand with the limitations due to permissions and file ownership. Just curious do you view the file in sublime and then switch to VI to make a quick change?

The error is only thrown when you have the file (or a file in the directory) open in sublime and then you make changes through VI to the file or a file in the same directory. Other than that I don’t see the error being thrown.

Either way I hope we (as a community) can figure out a solution either as part of sublime or some short of plugin to notify us that the error has been thrown so we can restart sublime.

0 Likes

Well I thought everything was working fine until I compiled my code. The compiler resides on the linux server and that throws the ReadDirectoryChangesW error as well.

0 Likes

@jps last year, right after the new syntax thing, a bug appeared and even if i reported at that moment, wasn’t fixed. Can you please take a look at that, is killing me!

Thanks!

1 Like

It will be nice, if the panels display always as a tabs (like in other editors)

0 Likes

The “php” snippet is defined in the file Packages/PHP/Snippets/php.sublime-snippet.

Overriding works fine for me if I create this file in Data/....

0 Likes

Hmmm… In data… where?

Here is how I tested (with portable version; installed version have the very same issue):

• Sublime is extracted here: Desktop\sublime3
  • Copied php.sublime-snippet from the Desktop\sublime3\Packages\PHP.sublime-package archive into Desktop\sublime3\Data\Packages\PHP;
  • Edited the new file and changed only the content;
  • The popup is still there.

The desired behavior would be to override the default snippet, and use only that instead of showing a popup…

0 Likes

Thx for the release.
If you are using a theme that does not support the new Panel Switcher it is pretty easy to patch in support for it. Just see my commit here I created for support in the awesome Gravity Theme:

:slight_smile:

0 Likes

There is no php.sublime-snippet file in PHP.sublime-package, is what I’m trying to tell. Maybe your portable build is outdated or something and you need to run it once before extracting the file again, I’m on 3101 and there is no such file in either installed or portable ST3.

The file is actually named Snippets/php.sublime-snippet, which is why you can’t override it if you save it as Desktop\sublime3\Data\Packages\PHP\php.sublime-snippet. It has to be Desktop\sublime3\Data\Packages\PHP\Snippets\php.sublime-snippet.

Related commit on github:

1 Like