Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3100

Dev Build 3100 is out now at https://www.sublimetext.com/3dev

It’s mostly a collection of fixes, and now uses a new code signing certificate on Windows, now that Microsoft have deprecated SHA1. If you are using Windows, you may want to download the full installer, rather than use the update. My understanding is that this will then help build reputation for the new certificate, so that SmartScreen will eventually stop complaining about it.

Also in 3100 is the new “Plugin Development: Profile Events” entry in the Command Palette. You can use this to see if any plugins are doing too much work in the main thread in response to events. Note that it doesn’t currently report on any time spent in set_timeout, but likely will in the future. Time spent doing work in a Command isn’t monitored, as that happens in direct response to a user choosing to run the command.

9 Likes

This is by far the biggest improvement to my workflow. Thanks Jon!

0 Likes

s/Not/Note ?

0 Likes

Yep, I’ve updated the original post now

0 Likes

I could not update from within Sublime Text on Mac OS X. It gave the error that the url was empty. I was able to manually download and install it okay. Just to let you know.

0 Likes

Do you know which version you were on previously? 3096 and 3097 didn’t have auto update working correctly.

0 Likes

I think it was 3098 if my memory serves me right. It had not been that long since I last updated. I update with every notice that I get or see it on twitter.

0 Likes

Several releases were out on the same day. (3096-3099)
If you click update whenever it shows, your ST3 is probably on one of the versions mentioned above, which explains why it doesn’t auto update correctly. Maybe just reinstall it manually.

0 Likes

New version! Cooool! Thanks Jon!

0 Likes

Some of the latest builds break regexp search for \W, \S and \D. Now it just matches letters ‘w’, ‘s’ and ‘d’ instead of character groups. Lowercase versions work fine.

2 Likes

What happened to "\U"?

can confirm this, just tried.

1 Like

Thank you @jps for the new builds. It’s refreshing to see new versions of ST3 and good to know that old bugs are being addressed. Just curious as this has been impacting me quite a bit recently and I can see that there are a few others who are in the same boat; are there any plans to change how ST checks for file updates on shares?

Locally, things work great, but I have my files served from a linux machine on a samba share and I often get into a situation where Sublime no longer recognizes the file changes until I restart Sublime. Could this be a new setting in a future release. I thought I would ask as this has bitten me twice in the past month.

Looking forward to what you come out with in the future! Keep up the great work!

0 Likes

Yep, confirmed on 3099.

0 Likes

I had to update manually to 3100. Windows, previous version was 3099.

0 Likes

@noahphense Worked for me.

I’ll close issues on github at a later point when I find the time to verify that they are actually fixed.

0 Likes

Thanks for the report, upper case regex escapes are broken from 3096-3100, will be fixed in the next build

2 Likes

Thanks for yet another update, jps! You rock!

I told myself the other day, I would finally buy a license, if only I knew Sublime was still being worked on. Then you came out with 3099 on that very day, and so I did :smiley: Perfect timing! And now already another update, this is awesome.

IMO Sublime Text is the only real editor (besides vim and emacs) worth the name. In later years a number of “Sublime Text Wannabees” have sprung up, and while some of the functionality is similar they all have huge memory management issues. Working on 4 open files for an hour should not expend 4+ GB of RAM, that is insane.

Sublime Text is lean, customizable, expandable and awesome — just the way an editor ought to be! Jps, thanks for all your hard work!

3 Likes

Hey, so I’m not really sure where to report this however I did find a bug with the build 3100. It could have very well been introduced earlier, but there seems to be an issue with my undo/redo stack.

For a quick rundown:
I had made changes, and began doing testing. Used CTRL+Z to undo ALL changes, and test the original to make sure I wasn’t crazy (usual coding stuff). Anyway I then wrote a print statement, used BACKSPACE to remove the print statement. Then by holding CTRL+Y to redo all of my last changes, it had “Left Delete” saved as the only past undo (not sure how, I didn’t undo a delete from what i remember), and when holding the CTRL+Y it continued deleting these characters until I hit the beginning of the file. I was able to then CTRL+Z the left delete, however I don’t think that this left-delete should have been the “redo” action based on a stack.

0 Likes

I downloaded the win64 installer and found a trojan horse in it

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b9174554f1b6bc2405336439e1c8b000427e8e21a9581dba151012dc1f08227b/analysis/1454593212/

I recommend looking into this before someone else gets infected.

0 Likes

Thanks jon, I’m getting a weird error when trying to install on Windows 7 64 http://i.imgur.com/ltCX6RJ.png
Just as information, I’ve two environment variables named TEMP and TMP and these point to C:\windows\temp (when I double click shows us %SystemRoot%\TEMP)

---------------------------
Error
Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted.
Error 5: Access is denied.
OK   

When running with admin privileges, it shows this http://i.imgur.com/qvklgXL.png and the same previous error popups
[edit]
Windows detects it as:
The following error occurred: Error code 0x80508023. The program could not find the malware and other potentially unwanted software on this computer.
Category: Trojan
Description: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.
Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.
Items:
file:C:\Windows\Temp\is-C02PJ.tmp\Sublime Text Build 3100 x64 Setup.tmp

0 Likes