Sublime Forum

DA UI Is Now a Public Beta. Adaptive, Customizable, Elegant UI Theme and Color Schemes for Sublime Text 3

Can we know the reason behind the name? :slight_smile:

Anyway, you already know it: it’s an amazing theme :heart: (feel like I’m going to love the elegant skin…)

1 Like

I completely agree with you :thumbsup:

Sounds interesting :thinking: I’ll do some investigation later.

0 Likes

In short:

DAily aDAptive DAndelion :slight_smile:

Da in English sounds like The.
Da in Ukrainian is used to make the sentence more expressive.
Da in Russian means Yes.
Da in German has dozen of meanings, I like everything I’ve found.

The meaning of the name may be strange in some languages, but l hope l haven’t offended anyone :wink:

P.S. Thank you for the kind words :sunny:

3 Likes

Due to new changes in ST rendering engine next settings do not work in 3148:

// A color that will override the scope-based text color of
  // the selection.
  "selection_foreground_color": "",

// The border color for "other" matches when the Highlight matches
  // option is selected in the Find panel. Also used to highlight
  // matches in Find in Files results.
  "find_hightlight_border_color": [
    "specify",
    ["rgba", 255, 255, 255, 0.25],
    ["rgba", 0, 0, 0, 0.25]
  ],

"find_highlight_border_color" will be fixed in future ST dev builds, the status of "selection_foreground_color" is currently unknown.

0 Likes

The previous message is deprecated. That issues were fixed in 3149 :tada: I’m so exciting about the new color scheme format :heart: I hope I will finish the next beta version before next ST stable build.

2 Likes

Is it compatible with Star Wars and TRON syntaxes?

Check:

0 Likes

UI theme is compatible with every color scheme :wink: However some color scheme specific features are available only for DA Light.tmTheme, DA Dark.tmTheme and for all color schemes from DA CS package.

0 Likes

I have A File Icon enabled and the icons are missed.

The DA UI fits very well with Star Wars syntax theme because of the same background colour!

0 Likes

I think you just need to restart Sublime Text. Currently I’m working on the next version of A File Icon and the restart requirement will be finally fixed.

0 Likes

Almost everything can be customized, so you can adjust theme settings to fit any color scheme :wink:

0 Likes

{
	"icon_color": [
    "specify",
    ["rgba", 255, 255, 255, 0.70],
    ["rgba", 0, 0, 0, 0.70]
  ],
  "icon_color_on_hover": [
    "specify",
    ["rgba", 255, 255, 255, 0.90],
    ["rgba", 0, 0, 0, 0.90]
  ],
  "icon_color_on_selected": "$accent_color",
}

Is it to modify folder colour?

0 Likes

Nope, that’s common icon colours. If you want to customize the folder’s colours, see:

"sidebar_folder_icon_color": "$icon_color",
  "sidebar_folder_icon_color_on_hover": "$icon_color_on_hover",
  "sidebar_folder_icon_color_on_expanded": "$accent_color",
  "sidebar_folder_icon_color_on_expanded_hover": "$accent_color",
  "sidebar_folder_icon_color_on_selected": "$accent_color",

"sidebar_folder_symlink_icon_color": [
    "specify",
    ["rgba", 255, 255, 255, 0.75],
    ["rgba", 0, 0, 0, 0.75]
  ],
  "sidebar_folder_symlink_icon_color_on_hover": [
    "specify",
    ["rgba", 0, 0, 0, 0.75],
    ["rgba", 255, 255, 255, 0.75]
  ],
  "sidebar_folder_symlink_icon_color_on_selected": "$sidebar_folder_symlink_icon_color_on_hover",

"sidebar_folder_loading_icon_color": "$sidebar_folder_symlink_icon_color",
  "sidebar_folder_loading_icon_color_on_hover": "$sidebar_folder_symlink_icon_color_on_hover",
  "sidebar_folder_loading_icon_color_on_selected": "$sidebar_folder_symlink_icon_color_on_selected",
0 Likes

It worked.

"accent_color": "#ffcc66",
	"skin":
	{
		"id": "elegant",
		"settings":
		{
                    "sidebar_folder_icon_color": "$accent_color",
		}
	}
}

1 Like

It offends only Bengali and Tamil speakers, because in Bengali, it means “chopper” and “knife” and in Tamil, it means “bathtub”. But it makes Canarian, Hindi, Telug, Thai and Vietnamese speakers happy, because in all these languages, it means “Doctor” and “Skin”. Then “Doctor UI” and “Skin UI”. It makes sense.

As Russian and Ukrainian are Slavic languages, it also means “yes” in many Slavic languages:

• Da in Bosnian: yes
  • Da in Croatian: yes, yeah, yep
  • Da in Czech: yes
  • Da in Macedonian: yes
  • Da in Serbian; yes
  • Da in Slovene: yes

Romanian isn’t a Slavic language, but bent too many words from Slavic words, in its language, it means “yes”.

Bulgarian and Slovak are Slavic languages, but they have different meaning of “da”. They are prepositions: by, to, toward, until and in Slovak, it means “I will give”.

“Da” in Chinese means big, great, heavy and in Basque and Japanese: “it is”.

“Da” is a verb of “dar” in Portuguese and Spanish, it means “to gift”. Imagine “Gift UI”, because it seems to be a gorgeous gift for Sublime Text.

Only a sad and strange translation in Indonesian… It means “goodbye”. “Goodbye UI”.

But good meanings in Icelandic and Urdu. In Icelandic, it means “adore”, then “Adore UI”. In Urdu, like English, it also means “the”.

4 Likes

Wow, thanks for such a good investigation :heart:

1 Like

When you doubt that the word you choose offend someone, research in Google Translate and Wiktionary, translate into each language and at Wiktionary, you will find the meanings.

I do not know all these languages. I know only 15 languages. I know Bosnian, Croatian, Macedonian, Serbian, Russian, Ukrainian, etc are Slavic languages and Romanian is not because I am a polyglot and I studied linguists.

1 Like

DA CS is on Package Control :tada: Find your favorite one :wink:

1 Like

With DA UI and CS, can I mix two different fonts – FiraCode and cursive italic font?

0 Likes

That should be done from the ST side and as far as I know that’s currently not possible.
P.S. Sublime Text is not web browser as Atom & VS Code, so that’s not so simple task.

1 Like

Should this missed feature be requested for Sublime Text developers?

0 Likes