Sublime Forum

DA UI Is Now a Public Beta. Adaptive, Customizable, Elegant UI Theme and Color Schemes for Sublime Text 3

Nope, that’s common icon colours. If you want to customize the folder’s colours, see:

"sidebar_folder_icon_color": "$icon_color",
  "sidebar_folder_icon_color_on_hover": "$icon_color_on_hover",
  "sidebar_folder_icon_color_on_expanded": "$accent_color",
  "sidebar_folder_icon_color_on_expanded_hover": "$accent_color",
  "sidebar_folder_icon_color_on_selected": "$accent_color",

"sidebar_folder_symlink_icon_color": [
    "specify",
    ["rgba", 255, 255, 255, 0.75],
    ["rgba", 0, 0, 0, 0.75]
  ],
  "sidebar_folder_symlink_icon_color_on_hover": [
    "specify",
    ["rgba", 0, 0, 0, 0.75],
    ["rgba", 255, 255, 255, 0.75]
  ],
  "sidebar_folder_symlink_icon_color_on_selected": "$sidebar_folder_symlink_icon_color_on_hover",

"sidebar_folder_loading_icon_color": "$sidebar_folder_symlink_icon_color",
  "sidebar_folder_loading_icon_color_on_hover": "$sidebar_folder_symlink_icon_color_on_hover",
  "sidebar_folder_loading_icon_color_on_selected": "$sidebar_folder_symlink_icon_color_on_selected",
0 Likes

It worked.

"accent_color": "#ffcc66",
	"skin":
	{
		"id": "elegant",
		"settings":
		{
                    "sidebar_folder_icon_color": "$accent_color",
		}
	}
}

1 Like

It offends only Bengali and Tamil speakers, because in Bengali, it means “chopper” and “knife” and in Tamil, it means “bathtub”. But it makes Canarian, Hindi, Telug, Thai and Vietnamese speakers happy, because in all these languages, it means “Doctor” and “Skin”. Then “Doctor UI” and “Skin UI”. It makes sense.

As Russian and Ukrainian are Slavic languages, it also means “yes” in many Slavic languages:

• Da in Bosnian: yes
  • Da in Croatian: yes, yeah, yep
  • Da in Czech: yes
  • Da in Macedonian: yes
  • Da in Serbian; yes
  • Da in Slovene: yes

Romanian isn’t a Slavic language, but bent too many words from Slavic words, in its language, it means “yes”.

Bulgarian and Slovak are Slavic languages, but they have different meaning of “da”. They are prepositions: by, to, toward, until and in Slovak, it means “I will give”.

“Da” in Chinese means big, great, heavy and in Basque and Japanese: “it is”.

“Da” is a verb of “dar” in Portuguese and Spanish, it means “to gift”. Imagine “Gift UI”, because it seems to be a gorgeous gift for Sublime Text.

Only a sad and strange translation in Indonesian… It means “goodbye”. “Goodbye UI”.

But good meanings in Icelandic and Urdu. In Icelandic, it means “adore”, then “Adore UI”. In Urdu, like English, it also means “the”.

4 Likes

Wow, thanks for such a good investigation :heart:

1 Like

When you doubt that the word you choose offend someone, research in Google Translate and Wiktionary, translate into each language and at Wiktionary, you will find the meanings.

I do not know all these languages. I know only 15 languages. I know Bosnian, Croatian, Macedonian, Serbian, Russian, Ukrainian, etc are Slavic languages and Romanian is not because I am a polyglot and I studied linguists.

1 Like

DA CS is on Package Control :tada: Find your favorite one :wink:

1 Like

With DA UI and CS, can I mix two different fonts – FiraCode and cursive italic font?

0 Likes

That should be done from the ST side and as far as I know that’s currently not possible.
P.S. Sublime Text is not web browser as Atom & VS Code, so that’s not so simple task.

1 Like

Should this missed feature be requested for Sublime Text developers?

0 Likes

Of course, if you like it :slight_smile: You can post you suggestion here:

0 Likes

I don’t see any dirty indicators on tabs themselves, only on sidebar. Is that by design?

0 Likes

Nope, the circle icon shows “dirty” state by default.

Please file your issue here with all necessary details (DA UI: Report an Issue).

P.S. You can also change the color of tab lines in the dirty state, see next theme settings:

"tab_line_color_on_dirty": "",
  "tab_line_color_on_dirty_hover": "$tab_line_color_on_hover",
  "tab_line_color_on_selected_dirty": "$accent_color",
  "tab_line_color_on_selected_dirty_hover": "$accent_color",

Options to change the foreground color of the dirty tabs will be available in the next releases.

1 Like

I have found out that it’s due to having a close button switched off. Filed https://github.com/ihodev/sublime-da-ui/issues/25

As for changing line color, I thought I have tried that with but I couldn’t see any difference. Even after restarting. I’m using Elegant skin and that has line only on active tabs. Maybe that is the issue.

1 Like

Skins are for demo purposes only, because they override the user settings. Just cut the skin settings and paste them under the root and you’ll be able to customize the skin.

"skin": {
  "id": "elegant",
  "settings": {
    // <settings to cut>
  }
},
// <paste the skin settings here>
0 Likes

It seems the customising the scrollbar colour doesn’t work:

"scrollbar_track_background_color": 
			[
			    "specify",
			    ["rgba", 255, 255, 255, 0.05],
			    ["rgba", 248, 209, 78, 0.05],
		  	],
		    "scrollbar_puck_background_color": 
			[
			    "specify",
			    ["rgba", 255, 255, 255, 0.10],
			    ["rgba", 248, 209, 78, 0.10],
			],

I wanted to change the scrollbar colour from grey to amber.

0 Likes

@ihodev What’s the development status on this project? I’ve been using sublime text since 2009 (when the Command Pallet was the greatest thing since sliced bread) and you my friend have brought that feeling back with this project! I sure hope it’s still being worked on :smiley:

0 Likes

Currently I’m very busy due to changing my job position and the stack I learn to. However A File Icon is the next thing I want to finish when I get some free time. After that I’ll continue working on DA UI. Sorry for the inconvenience, I’m always trying to do my best, however some things are changed and now I can’t promise any ETAs.

0 Likes

Hi @ihodev i love your Theme, but it not Sublime Linter color in Gutter, you can see this?

0 Likes

Wish there was something like this for WebStorm as well as for Sublime.

0 Likes

…///

0 Likes